SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    20 years or more
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 years or more Login/Join 
posted
This morning I cleaned my Glock gen2 Model 22. It began time with me in Feb. 1992 when my agency made the G22 the standard duty pistol. Not having weapons for all I purchased mine from Smyrna Police Dist. for the princely sum of $ 349.00 with night sights. As time goes on I was issued a G22 Gen 2,3 and 4 over the next 20 years before we changed to Gen 4 17's. This Glock , a mud railed chrome 226 and a Beretta .25 Jetfire have been my longest serving firearms. The Glock news springs once, the Sig
probably needs a trip to Sig it has play side to side and up and down but, it still troops on. The Beretta 20% of the finish left but, who cares not me. These weapons continue to do their job the only other firearms that get hip time are a new 438 14 years old and Colt stainless 1999 for funerals. Who else has rolled with the same firearms over more than two decades... just curious... VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Have a Walther P99 still doing nightstand duty on one side of the bed. Been doing so since around 2000 so a decent 20 year run. By far not our oldest firearm but probably the oldest in continual service around the homestead.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I bought my Model 38 in November of 1972 for CC. I carried it until my second (and current since '81) wife 'requested' that it become her CCW in 1998. She still keeps it ready to go.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiGagain
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
I bought my Model 38 in November of 1972 for CC. I carried it until my second (and current since '81) wife 'requested' that it become her CCW in 1998. She still keeps it ready to go.

That is a gorgeous revolver...

Bill

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Fast is Fine...Accuracy is Final
*SiGARMS GSR Revolution STX
*SiG/Sauer*P220*P226*P228*P230*P245*SPC2009*P365

NRA Benefactor Life/LEAA Life Membership

Posts: 2410 | Location: ChicagoLand, USA | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
I’ve had my Ruger P89 since I bought it new in 1993 (it replaced a P-85); and I have the Colt Frontier Scout .22 my Dad gave me back in 1987 — he had bought it new in (I think) 1958 or 1959. I also have the Taurus Model 85 stainless he gave me in 1990. Great little snubbie.

Oh! And there’s my P239 TT 9mm from ‘97, my P229 TT .40 from ‘98, and my P220 .45 from ‘99, and my P232 TT from 2000, all while stationed in Germany; that’s where I got hooked on Sig.

I’ll never part with any of them.

I think everything else is newer (to me) than 20 years...

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Great photograph!

quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
My first SIG was a German P220 that I bought in Feb of 2000.
For the longest time it was was my nightstand gun, and occasional carry pistol.
It’s one of the few guns I’ll never part with.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen2 G17 I occasionally carry. I think it's a '91.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought my first gun a HK Usp .40 when I turned 21 in June of 1996 a few months later I bought my second gun a HK Usp .45 both still get night stand duty and occasional concealed carry after all these years. Love them big bricks!

Tim

Posts: 116 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rappa
posted Hide Post
On my 21st birthday in 1992, bought a brand new Glock 19 Gen 2. It’s not in the EDC rotation anymore, but I always use it to introduce people to shooting.

Posts: 268 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: December 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded a Colt Lightweight Commander on a SIG P220 around 1994, KC date code ('92). Love that pistol, sent it out for NP3 'Norton special' refinish (slide & small parts) & tuning / slight hammer de-spur. Back then I thought it was a high speed set-up. Lol.

Was my CCW piece for years once Florida became shall-issue. My brother admired it & I gave it to him, he was kind enough a couple years back to return it. Its retired now, but still the King of the Gun safe.

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Ruger M77 All Weather .223 is 24 years old and shoots like new.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I have a Pre-B CZ-75 (Made in Czechoslovakia) that I purchased through Pragotrade of Canada back in 1989. Still one of my favorites. . .

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have had my 70 Series Gold Cup since the mid 70's.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My former duty gun is a P226 in 357 Sig. I was issued it new in the box in 2003. Although due to the serial number I believe it was made between 1999 and 2000. I retired in 2017, still have the gun.

The only guns I’ve had longer, are the two I inherited from my grand dad.

WWII S&W Victory model 38 revolver
And his Remington 550, 22lr

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
Carried this Colt Gov't daily for 25 years. Started in 1988. It needed a refinish & new grips along the way but after 32 years, it still sees use. Never had an issue with it that wasn't ammo related.( and that is rare)

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I have a W. German marked KF P220/45 which I purchased July 1995. It was more of a HD pistol as I didn't start carry until the last 10-12 years. It's been used but not abused and I recently put it back to original configuration / grips, although it has modern night sights and GerryRs QTR.

In terms of carry pistols, the LCP has gotten use since 2009, the J-frame since 2012, and the G19 since 2014-15.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying my 2.5 inch model 66-2 for over 25 years. Great revolver!

Off topic, I have the same knife as pictured above. I got it in 1971. It is in poor condition these days. The plastic "bone" handle is cracked with a piece missing and the blade needs a refinish/rechromed.

Does anyone know a reputable place to have it repaired/restored? Thanks! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
My first firearm and first SIG purchased in the early nineties. P226 .357Sig. Current assignment nightstand only because it's easier for me to carry the P229 or p239.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one beautiful S&W! My first handgun dates back to my college days at Michigan State U where I
purchased a Colt .357 from a campus policeman. That was 1957. I carried that Colt as a city police officer, and later as a US Secret Service agent. It served me well in Cleveland, Ohio, where a counterfeiter, armed with a S&W Combat Magnum, shot
it out with me and another agent. Little did we know he was on the FBI most wanted list. My Colt
won over his S&W.

Posts: 248 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: November 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post