SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320C Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320C Question Login/Join 
posted
I've had my P320C for a few weeks now and have put about 300 rounds through it; it's really growing on me!

I notice that on the frame/grip module there's a slot on the right top "rail" about a half-inch long and about 3/4" from the front. What's that for? A slot for an RFID chip?

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My SIGPro SP2022 had RFID chip slots. Does your look anything like this?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
It's similar. Here's a photo of my P320c. An RFID chip in a non-serilaized component seems somewhat useless - especially given the modular nature of the P320.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I always guessed that it was a fixturing feature for inspection. Slap one on the inspection fixture and the CMM/Vision system just runs.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post