SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Let's Hear Some 7.65mm Love!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Hear Some 7.65mm Love! Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
All you fans of 7.65mm...aka .32 ACP let's hear what you have.

Myself, I have a Kel-Tec P-32 and used to have a Seecamp .32

I'd love to pick up one of those Japanese Police .32 P230's someday.

While the market is packed with tiny .380's I really think the .32 is the far superior round for these pocket pistols and don't know why more makers haven't picked up on this.

Take the P3AT and in .380 it's a bit of a bear to shoot well and accurately and it can be painful for many. The same gun in .32 in the form of the P-32 is a dream to shoot!

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I have a Frommer Stop & Baby in .32acp.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
While the market is packed with tiny .380's I really think the .32 is the far superior round for these pocket pistols and don't know why more makers haven't picked up on this.

what makes it superior?

I have a PPK in 7.65mm.

Posts: 3772 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Love .32. Have the .32 Seecamp, Beretta 81FS, KelTec P32, & a Reproduction 1903. My want list has a .327 SP101 3", Beretta Model 70 series in .32 (have the .22). Edit - forgot my Inox Tomcat

I really want to get an ex-military .32 and leaning towards CZ-50, but still considering. No PPK for me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FlyingScot,

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OTD:

what makes it superior?

IMO, it's a more appropriate round for these size and weight guns and is softer shooting and just easier to shoot and hit the target. Maybe not in knockdown power, but if you're missing with the .380, but hitting with the .32 does that really matter?

Posts: 33567 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:

Reproduction 1903

WOW! I didn't even know they were making them again. Now I want one too!

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
While the 7,65mm may be better suited to the smallest of the small pocket pistols, the .380 has a ballistic advantage. For many years, I postulated there was no significant difference between the two rounds - until I began researching the subject. In numerous tests and actual documented shootings, the .380 outperformed the .32 by a noticeable margin. For deep concealment however, I still carry the Seecamp LWS-32 in a Hidden Holsters front pocket rig.

1968 PPK

Seecamp LWS-32

Posts: 3487 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my CZ 83 in 7.65mm that has a 15 round magazine. The largest capacity 32 ACP ever made. It is extremely reliable and is never jammed and is very accurate.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have several...two P230's in 7,65, two Beretta Model 70's, two CZ-83's and a Beretta Tomcat or two.

Posts: 3061 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just have the one, I don't get it out all that much, but it's a joy to shoot when I do.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK4. Fun little gun.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
knockdown power

No such thing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
OK...try to curb your envy (especially with the box of Hansen "combat" .32 ammo) Razz...this is the only .32 I own...it was my dad's. I can still hear him say "I think I gave $69 for this and they included an extra clip" Big Grin it weighs about six pounds (nobody ever said zinc was light)...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10579 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I possess a Manhurin made PP (ex-Berlin border guard pistol ??) along with a Zella-Mehlis (1937) made PPK having the 'old style' 90 deg. rotation safety.

Both are .32 ACP.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC pistol is a Seecamp 32 in a DeSantis pocket holster and love it. You don't even know it's there and it functions superbly.
@ FlyingScot: have you fired your Colt 1903 repro and if so, how do you like it? Looks really nice!
@pillboxesghost: Manurhin made PPs (and Manurhin made P38s) when used in Berlin(West) would have been used by the West Berlin Police. When I hear the term "border guard pistol" in association with Berlin, I think of East German border guards who carried the "Pistole M" which we refer to as the Makarov.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a Mauser 1914 and Dreyse 1907. Both are fun little guns. Of the two I prefer the Dreyse by a wide margin for its accuracy and ease of maintenance.

Posts: 3036 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
FEG AP-MBP. Beretta 81FS. I even reload my empties. Big Grin

Also have a sporterized M1909 Argentine Mauser in 7.65x53.

Posts: 3121 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started collecting 32 auto (7.65) guns about 2 years ago after my daughter bought a Scorpion CZ 61. It's a fun little round to shoot although most of the guns have poor sights. I have a Manurhin PP (Swiss police), FEG AP (FN Slide), Walter PP (prewar), Sauer 38H (GI build), CZ VZ 70, Zastava M70, Bernardelli 7.65, Beretta Model 70, French Unique (Moroccan military) and an FN 1910. Still on the list are a Sig P230, Mauser HSC, HK Model 4 and a Savage 1907 and any other interesting 32. I tried to post 2 pics of the guns but to no avail. I had to start reloading the 32 round because those little rounds aren't cheap.

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carnut:
I started collecting 32 auto (7.65) guns about 2 years ago after my daughter bought a Scorpion CZ 61. It's a fun little round to shoot although most of the guns have poor sights. I have a Manurhin PP (Swiss police), FEG AP (FN Slide), Walter PP (prewar), Sauer 38H (GI build), CZ VZ 70, Zastava M70, Bernardelli 7.65, Beretta Model 70, French Unique (Moroccan military) and an FN 1910. Still on the list are a Sig P230, Mauser HSC, HK Model 4 and a Savage 1907 and any other interesting 32. I tried to post 2 pics of the guns but to no avail. I had to start reloading the 32 round because those little rounds aren't cheap.

It’s an interesting collection. The „Swiss Police“ PP and you FÉG-PA with the FN slide got my interest. I’m not aware of the existence of such pieces Can you provide some more information to both, especially about the slide of the FÉG and the markings on the PP. Thanks in advance for your info.

Posts: 3772 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
My 7.65 obsession began with a 1903 Colt that a previous owner had installed a tall rear and tall gold-bead front sight and refinished in black oxide. An "In Lead We Trust" extended and threaded barrel later, and I'm hooked like a meth fiend! Shot through the oversized bore of a 9mm silencer, .32 is backyard quiet! I've since added a CZ-27, a Beretta 84 (with an Allegheny Arms .32 conversion barrel), and a P230 in .32 Auto. I have barrels for the CZ-27 and Beretta 84 at Tornado Technologies for threading. The P230 will head that way shortly.

Mike

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post