SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Let's Hear Some 7.65mm Love!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's Hear Some 7.65mm Love! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
@OTD: This is just a guess but I believe Carnut may have meant to say "Swedish Police"? As for the FEG AP with FN slide, there have been many different slide legends on FEG AP pistols. Some I have seen (besides the FEG roll marks) include West German Hege Waffen marked ones as well. Not long ago IIRC there was one for sale on gunbroker.com with the Fabrique Nationale slide legend.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the 7.65....

Bill R

Posts: 1120 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
@OTD: This is just a guess but I believe Carnut may have meant to say "Swedish Police"?

I was expecting something like that. There is no record of PP's having sold to public organizations in Switzerland. PPk yes. PP no.

quote:
As for the FEG AP with FN slide, there have been many different slide legends on FEG AP pistols. Some I have seen (besides the FEG roll marks) include West German Hege Waffen marked ones as well. Not long ago IIRC there was one for sale on gunbroker.com with the Fabrique Nationale slide legend.

HEGE is a known German wholesaler of sporting goods and they had several pistols marked with their own logo.

The FN provenance of the slide is highly questinable for several reasons. I googled for a couple of pictures and got the following impression based on them.

1.If it was , markings of the proof house in Liège/Luik should be present, not markings of the proof house in Budapest.

2. The FN logo is very rarely seen on handguns and IF the FN is in a circle.

3. Fabrique National d’Armes Belgique is no FN rollmark line.The correct line should be: Fabrique National d’Armes du Guerre – Herstal.

4. The cold war story of this pistol is somewhat quesitonable as well since FN in Belgium and FEG Hungary had been on differernt sides of the border
I therefor doubt the slide was manufactured in Belgium, regardless what the markings say. The gun was made in Budapest, the FN markings are fake. I hope the buyer paid for the gun, not for the fantasy line markings on the slide.

Further reference can be found in publications of A.Vanderlinden, D.Marschall or M.Kersten.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OTD,

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
While the 7,65mm may be better suited to the smallest of the small pocket pistols, the .380 has a ballistic advantage. For many years, I postulated there was no significant difference between the two rounds - until I began researching the subject. In numerous tests and actual documented shootings, the .380 outperformed the .32 by a noticeable margin. For deep concealment however, I still carry the Seecamp LWS-32 in a Hidden Holsters front pocket rig.

1968 PPK

Seecamp LWS-32

I also have a LWS-32 and a very similar holster for it

also,

a Colt 1903 made in 1910

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
While the 7,65mm may be better suited to the smallest of the small pocket pistols, the .380 has a ballistic advantage. For many years, I postulated there was no significant difference between the two rounds - until I began researching the subject. In numerous tests and actual documented shootings, the .380 outperformed the .32 by a noticeable margin.

Doesn't matter a bit if you aren't hitting anything with the .380!

I'm all over the place on the target shooting one-handed at 7-10 yards with a P3AT, with the P-32, I'm keeping all my rounds center mass.

Posts: 33749 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the slow response but I don't got on the computer much. OTD, Kaschi is correct, the Manurhin is a Swedish police, my mistake. The FN slide on the FEG reads: FN (logo) FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES, BELGIQUE (second line) and cal. 7.65 (third line)

Posts: 5 | Registered: October 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1903 Colt that is in excellent condition that my late father kept in his sock drawer. Gun was made in 1916. Probably shot it five times in 50+ years. LOT of fun to shoot.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carnut:
Sorry for the slow response but I don't got on the computer much. OTD, Kaschi is correct, the Manurhin is a Swedish police, my mistake. The FN slide on the FEG reads: FN (logo) FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES, BELGIQUE (second line) and cal. 7.65 (third line)

Thanks for the info. You will find my opinion abot the FN slide in a previous post of this discussion

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post