SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Are the classic Sig's dead?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are the classic Sig's dead? Login/Join 
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Lack of spare parts really pisses me off. I have a few springs and various parts kits I've bought over the years, but not being able to get them anymore is a travesty.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
My first Sig was a P230 many years ago (15?) and I learned way back then that an extra Sig magazine is going to cost you... back then a factory stainless mag for the P230/232 was $50.

Here's my convoluted 'problem' I bought my fourth (final?) P239 last month and needed to make it just like my other three and put a Crimson Trace laser grip on it.... went to their web sight and broke down and ordered one as a guest... then for some reason decided to check Amazone and they had the same grips listed for sale for about half as much $184 total... So I ordered them and sent CT an email asking to cancel my order... 10 minutes might have gone by.... never did get a confirmation of the order or my email and I got distracted for a while and kind of forgot about it... grips from amazon came in two days... over two weeks later I do get an email from CT saying my oder has shipped and should arrive via FedX in a week.....Huh? So, when it did come in I send CT an email taking some responsibly for the mix up... guess what... still have not gotten a reply from them? So, here is how messed up and deep I am into the gun addiction and specifically classic Sigs... since I have the extra set of Crimson Trace laser grips for a P239... guess what I need to buy?[/QUOTE]

I really admire your thought process.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 230 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Walker:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CQB60:
If this pandemic did anything besides panic, it was to separate wheat from chaff at my area gun stores. When the sales dust settled from the melee, seems the only guns remaining on the shelves were classic P series. All the striker Polymers went briskly. Interesting phenomena.
LGS here in Florida related the same thing to me. Cash strapped buyers are purchasing the striker weapons and have little interest in the more expensive P series. Many of these enthusiasts were raised in the height of the Glock Cult, and are quite happy with striker guns with no external safety. I note that the new Sig military pistol has been fitted with an excellent thumb safety.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mountain Walker,

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
They are to me, I went thru that phase owned 230 229 228 220 226 245 239 probably some others I cant remember. they just feel clunky to me now, plus I shoot Glocks much better. not a hater just moved on.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Something else I was thinking of is Sig having a similar issue that Beretta was having in the mid-2000s? In the late 90’s-early 2000s, there was every flavor of 92 you could shake a stick at. Then the War on Terror picked up and all those models disappeared and all civilians were left with were either Mil-Spec or Italian models. Now that they no longer produce pistols for the US, all of those version are back.

Could Sig be dealing with something similar? They only have one facility and it’s not like they can get more guns from Germany even if they wanted to. I would think with the competition scene starting to get more and more popular that they’d make an attempt at building some stainless steel XShort or XFive models.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hammer-fired, metal frame pistols in general are in decline, not just SIGs.

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Hammer-fired, metal frame pistols in general are in decline, not just SIGs.

They will come back...like anything else that’s worthwhile.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Fine with me if most folks go with the new poly wholly doodle guns .... will make the prices drop or at least stay semi reasonable on guns owned by real men....

(I'm making a joke... but hope it's true)

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Well I did my part and bought another P220 last week and picked it up yesterday Cool

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can this be considered dead.

Posts: 13 | Registered: January 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
NICE! (Borat voice)

Posts: 1956 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saemetric:
Well, it's an inanimate object, so it's not actually alive, so...

When you begin to have difficulty finding replacement parts, you may begin to make arrangements for your beloved.

However, joy of joys, that time has not yet come. Still...

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by saemetric:
Well, it's an inanimate object, so it's not actually alive, so...

When you begin to have difficulty finding replacement parts, you may begin to make arrangements for your beloved.

However, joy of joys, that time has not yet come. Still...

yea I've future proofed my P6/P225/P226/P228 with extra sets of roll pins and recoil and etc, but for sure all metal guns are and have been on the way out.

Doesn't change the fact I bought a like new CPO P229 w/short extractor this year and still don't have a P320, my purchases however don't reflect society as a whole

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guess they are dead. Last 6 pistols bought in last 3 years were Sig p22x

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What does "dead" even mean in this case? Does it mean that the tens/hundreds of thousands of these pistols out there and in working order suddenly cease to function?

This thread is an opportunity for some people who like these pistols to act offended to some degree or other.

Myself, I have only a truckload of these pistols.

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does "dead" even mean in this case? Does it mean that the tens/hundreds of thousands of these pistols out there and in working order suddenly cease to function?

This thread is an opportunity for some people who like these pistols to act offended to some degree or other.

Myself, I have only a truckload of these pistols.

semitruck Or pick up truck ? size matters Wink

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of trucks... side note:

I once got stopped by a sheriffs deputy in Hickory N.C. and he informed me i was supposed to verbally tell him I had guns in my truck and where they were before he reached the vehicle...

I told him I could not do that... because I honestly did not know how many I had in the truck or where they all were... Only enough I had been trying to remember what I had and where they were just a few minutes before....

Back then they were mostly Ruger's and no Sigs...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post