SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about adding a Romeo 1 to my x five
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about adding a Romeo 1 to my x five Login/Join 
posted
Anyone know who makes the Romeo 1 for Sig? Any tried one and been thrilled w the optic? I have a Leupold deltapoint one a Ruger Mark III 22/45 but sometimes have a tough time finding the dot....

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optics planet sells Romeo 1 sights for Sigs for $299. MidwayUSA sells, apparently the same thing for another hundy. Have no idea where they are made.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 28, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two X5s (Gen 1), and both have a Docter Sight II Plus mounted on them, making a fine pistol even better, especially for someone with aging eyes.

I also have two caliber x-change kits equipped with Romeo 1s, one for P226, and one for P229, and can recommend the Romeo 1. I found it easy to adjust, and after some practice, easy to find the red dot. YMMV.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 124 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm up to about 800 rnds through my X-Carry with the Romeo 1. I'm getting better and quicker with it. The first 300-400 I almost scrapped it and threw it on a AR.

Its a transition that takes some getting used to. But worth it in the long run if you can retrain your hands/eyes & muscle memory.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Its a transition that takes some getting used to. But worth it in the long run if you can retrain your hands/eyes & muscle memory.

This. I'm up to about 400 rounds in my P320 X5 with the Romeo1 and I'm still "hunting" for the dot. I feel like I have too much muscle memory of looking down the sights, and I'm having to "unlearn" that. It's been a struggle, but I feel like I get a bit better with each range session.

Posts: 751 | Location: Free State of Utah | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my conversations with Sig reps they always
mention their optics division also located in the same Sig area.
So, apparently Sig produces their own optics.

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding "....hard time finding the dot."___I prefer the 8MOA dot over the smaller ones as all of my pistols equipped with reflex sights are for SD situations
If you're more interested in precision range shooting or having one on a rifle then the mall dot is preferable.
The 08 jumps out there! Large but great for hitting "mass".
The Romeo 1 on my P320 is 3MOA (No choce)
My favorite is the Shield RMS (Made in UK) in 8MOA. No On or Off buttons. No buttons at all. Its on constantly and adjust dot brightness automatically. Battery lasts 2 to 3 years!
Shield recently came out with the RMSc__fits small pistols like M&P Shield and Glock 43.
Stay safe
poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two Romeo 1's, one that came factory installed on a P226 Legion SAO RX, and one that I purchased to install on my X-Carry.

I haven't had time to get a lot of range time in with them, but I'm very happy with both of them. I've had zero problems with them.

The only complaint is that I wish they were built like the DeltaPoint Pro and had the ability to add the rear sight like the DP so that it would be able to use that in combination with the front sights just in case the battery went out or in case you wanted to use iron sights instead of a RDS. The Romeo 1 does have a groove cut in the top of the body so that you can use it as a rear sight. It's accurate enough that way for defense.

Sig says that contrary to what a lot of people are speculating, Holson did not design the Sig RDS. The label on the box says that the Romeo 1 is designed by Sig Sauer in Oregon, and assembled in China.

Posts: 105 | Registered: November 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by neverenoughguns:
Anyone know who makes the Romeo 1 for Sig? Any tried one and been thrilled w the optic? I have a Leupold deltapoint one a Ruger Mark III 22/45 but sometimes have a tough time finding the dot....

They are made in China. I personally wouldn’t pay Trijicon money for Chinese optics but that’s just me.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
I have 2 X5's with Romeo 1s, 3 RX's (which came from the factory with Romeo 1's installed) and I recently had my 2 P227s milled for Romeo 1's. I even have a Browning Buckmark with a Romeo 1.

I agree it takes a little muscle memory to get used to the red dot, but once I did it was a game changer for me.

First, due to my middle aged eyes it was getting tougher for me to focus on the front sight but the Romeo 1 completely eliminated that issue for me.

Second, it allows you to acquire the target faster and also get back on target faster.

Third, I have had no issues after over 1,000 on my X5's and several hundred rounds on my RX's. Battery life has been good and durability has been excellent.

Fourth, there is a good amount of glass surface area for viewing the target which makes it even easier to get on target.

I think the popularity of reflex sights for handguns will continue to gain in popularity.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post