SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walked into the LGS wanting a Glock 43 or 20, walked out with a P365.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walked into the LGS wanting a Glock 43 or 20, walked out with a P365. Login/Join 
posted
Well folks, I gave in to temptation.

Over the weekend I walked into my LGS thinking I was going to buy a G20 (as a big brother for my G29) or a G43 as an alternative to my trusty P30sk. Anyway, I ask the clerk half-jokingly "you wouldn't happen to have any P365s" and he says: "as a matter of fact, I have a few here."

So I spent the next 20 min playing with both the Glock 43 and the P365. While the glock seems to be more of a known quanity, the included night-sights and 10 round capacity of the P365 proved to be too tempting. Decided to take the risk of being a SIG beta tester and walked out with the P365 (7/2/2018 born date) and a 12 round magazine.

I took it home, cleaned / lubbed it, then took it to an indoor range. I put ~140-150 rounds through it.

1. First I put 1 box of Speer lawman 115 grains target rounds through. Worked brilliantly. After shooting my Shield 45 and G29 first, the P365 felt like a super soft shooter. Smile
2. I put another box of speer lawman 115 through. This time, I experienced 2 failures to return to battery. Not sure if this was due to me somehow riding the slide, or anemic ammo. Interestingly, I never experienced any failures to lock back.
3. I put through 1 box of underwood +p+ speer gold dots. Worked flawlessly.
4. Put through most of a box of Remington golden saber.

The failures to return to battery have me a bit worried, so I won't carry the p365 till I get another 300 flawless rounds through. I've got some german MEN branded nato rounds coming this week from SG ammo so will try that first. But overall, I was very impressed. Nice little pistol.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new P365.

I will be keeping my eye on this thread, please update it as you keep putting rounds through it.

I so want one, but not till they have the bugs worked out, because I can’t afford to be a beta tester.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
I have a March born P365 with 400 rds so far.

So far so good.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am up to over 500 plus rounds born date 05/24/18. Last trip self defense ammo two brands no hang ups.

Posts: 361 | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Watch your grip. The 365’s shoot very soft so you might be letting up on your grip causing the issues. I have two of them (mine & wife’s) and have not had one issue with either. One has 300 rds through it, the other has 400. One was mid March, the other is late April.

The triggers get better with round count (not that they’re bad to start with), 10 yard accuracy has been excellent (that’s enough distance for the pistols size and intention - studies show most shootings are 21 feet or less).

I’ve relegated the 10rd mags to the factory boxes. We’re only using 12rd mags. They are very stiff to load when new, but with use they do loosen up a bit.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
mine was built 1 day earlier then yours july 1. I have run 600 reloads thru it with zero issues. I bought the 12 round mags and that made a huge difference in the feel of this incredible gun.

I haven't been this excited about a new pistol in quite some time.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
Watch your grip. The 365’s shoot very soft so you might be letting up on your grip causing the issues. I have two of them (mine & wife’s) and have not had one issue with either. One has 300 rds through it, the other has 400. One was mid March, the other is late April.

The triggers get better with round count (not that they’re bad to start with), 10 yard accuracy has been excellent (that’s enough distance for the pistols size and intention - studies show most shootings are 21 feet or less).

I’ve relegated the 10rd mags to the factory boxes. We’re only using 12rd mags. They are very stiff to load when new, but with use they do loosen up a bit.

I cut my teeth on glocks and CZs. I have a high, thumbs forward grip. With such a small pistol my guess is slight contact with the slide was slowing it down just enough to cause the 2 malfunctions. I'll need to keep on trying it out to see if it happens again. I'm optimistic though.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
......I so want one, but not till they have the bugs worked out.........

What bugs??

The pistol is wonderful. Somewhere near 1300 shots on mine -- no bugs flyin' out. Serial # of mine is about 30000. Wonder what the serial # of the new one is? Being so small, the pistol carries well, but is so very very accurate. Golly it is fun to shoot.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reginaldcrumpepper:
quote:

What bugs??

The pistol is wonderful. Somewhere near 1300 shots on mine -- no bugs flyin' out. Serial # of mine is about 30000. Wonder what the serial # of the new one is? Being so small, the pistol carries well, but is so very very accurate. Golly it is fun to shoot.

Many reports of trigger and striker issues.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What bugs??

mine was built july 1 and is in 73000 # ser number range no issues. some of the earlier ones had some problems but I haven't heard of any lately.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
quote:

What bugs??

mine was built july 1 and is in 73000 # ser number range no issues. some of the earlier ones had some problems but I haven't heard of any lately.

Military arms channel reported a more recent P365 (the gen 2) having a trigger bar spring break.

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I’m coming up on 900 rounds. Born 3/31. No issues to report. Very pleased with this gun so far.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
quote:
quote:

What bugs??

Military arms channel reported a more recent P365 (the gen 2) having a trigger bar spring break.

The only video I could find was from may so we are looking at three months ago ?? can you post a link I'm curios as to when this was made. considering they have made thousands of them since then how recent this is? it doesn't take much to keep these issues alive. when possibly they have been corrected.

posted Hide Post
Say there is 40,000 p365 pistols made, and sold since i purchased mine. One of the trigger return springs of one of these 40,000 pistols busted. Seems it was quite uncommon for this to happen.

Me, i am no armorer. However, if one would send me the pistol with the busted spring, and a new spring, i will replace it in five minutes.........Better yet, replace the spring yourself, and enjoy the pistol.

Posts: 76 | Location: Rapid City, South Dakota | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Shot 300ish rounds of varying types of ammo through mine on Sunday. Shoots excellent. Need to find me some 12 rd mags. Recoil is softer than I expected and trigger is great. Build date was 6-26-18

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Say there is 40,000 p365 pistols made, and sold since i purchased mine. One of the trigger return springs of one of these 40,000 pistols busted. Seems it was quite uncommon for this to happen.

Me, i am no armorer. However, if one would send me the pistol with the busted spring, and a new spring, i will replace it in five minutes.........Better yet, replace the spring yourself, and enjoy the pistol.

Well that is the problem with all of these internet reports. We simply don't know enough to draw any statistically relevant conclusions.

Of the 40,000 pistols sold, I'd be willing to bet you that less than 1% of buyers have put 900-1000 rounds through them. Even fewer will have run over 200 "defensive" grade rounds... that is hot rounds with hollow points. Of those an even small number will be forum members or youtube contributors.

You see what I'm getting at. There MIGHT be an underlying issue, or we might be seeing an edge case. We just don't know.

Personally, I'll be running alot more hot rounds through this thing. I've got half a case of NATO MEN rounds from SG ammo sitting here dedicated to function testing. I'll also buy another 200 underwood gold dots. If the pistol can handle all that reliably, then it will replace my P30sk on my hip every day.