SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone shooting a CZ shadow target 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone shooting a CZ shadow target 2 Login/Join 
posted
First year shooting idpa and currently shooting a M11-A1. I shoot the M11 well as a new shooter. I haven't seen a target 2 locally and looking for some thoughts on one. Also will be shooting steel and bowling pin match. Thanks for some input.

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Noseygun1:
First year shooting idpa and currently shooting a M11-A1. I shoot the M11 well as a new shooter. I haven't seen a target 2 locally and looking for some thoughts on one. Also will be shooting steel and bowling pin match. Thanks for some input.

I started out with the P226 and P228 and then switched to the CZs about 8 years ago. For me, they were the answer and while I love my SIGs they rarely get shot now.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up one 2 weeks ago.All I can say is that its the best Target pistol ive ever shot. The grip is amazing. The trigger is even more amazing. Its a little heavy but thats not an issue.Its built like a tank. It has the best fit of any pistol I own and I own many. Even better then some of my Ed Browns. Buy it

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
If I was looking, and I'm not, I'd call David at Cajun Gun Works....
See if he can get one and do his magic on it! One stop shopping!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
If I was looking, and I'm not, I'd call David at Cajun Gun Works....
See if he can get one and do his magic on it! One stop shopping!

https://cajungunworks.com/prod...1254-black-shadow-2/

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one but haven't shot it a lot, just shy of 1,000 rounds. I like it a lot but it is really different from anything else I shoot. The extra weight takes more input from me to get from target to target. I also swing past targets a lot. Going back to the Sigs is a chore. They feel so light after shoot the S2 that it takes a few rounds to get back in the groove.

The S2 is extremely accurate and the trigger is really good out of the box. I only have two complaints. The stock front site was to wide. I changed it to a narrow front from CGW. The second is the magazine release. I often hit it under recoil and drop the magazine. I've adjusted it as much as possible and it still doesn't fit me. It's super fast and high quality but not for me. If I keep the CZ I'll need a standard release.

Edit to add I'm not sure if it's legal for IDPA. Last I knew it was too heavy. I know IDPA has made rule changes so I could be wrong.

Posts: 166 | Registered: February 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Gundawg. i believe the target 2 will be idpa legal. thanks all!

Posts: 83 | Location: V.A | Registered: September 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post