SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Langdon 92G Elite LTT
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Langdon 92G Elite LTT Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:
I have a 92G SD with a Wilson trigger job, and I'm seriously tempted by this pistol.

This is a great pistol!! Langdon did a great job in speccing out this pistol. You won’t regret it if you take the plunge.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought the WC Brig was the cat’s meow... decisions.

Posts: 217 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rad:

With how nice the TJIAB is, I'd say go for the one you like best. I think my Brig Tac (now with a mag guide instead of lanyard loop) is still my favorite looker. The Centurion and Vertec from Wilson are also pretty dang nice. The LTT is similar in features, cost, etc. It's just a matter of what style you want.

The Centurion I think has the thinner grips like the LTT, and is a touch shorter than full-size.

I'm not sure the Wilson Vertec is worth a $300 premium unless you want/need the slimmer frame.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Rad:

With how nice the TJIAB is, I'd say go for the one you like best. I think my Brig Tac (now with a mag guide instead of lanyard loop) is still my favorite looker. The Centurion and Vertec from Wilson are also pretty dang nice. The LTT is similar in features, cost, etc. It's just a matter of what style you want.

The Centurion I think has the thinner grips like the LTT, and is a touch shorter than full-size.

I'm not sure the Wilson Vertec is worth a $300 premium unless you want/need the slimmer frame.

Just an FYI.... The $300 premium includes the mag guide and the action tune.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed a couple of Langdons TJIAB (trigger job in a bag) and had outstanding results. In fact my 30+ year old 92F has the best trigger job of any pistol I own. Granted the parts that weren’t replaced are smoothed by age and use and I am using a 12# mainspring. It is too light for my Russian cheap stuff but 100% with any brass cased ammo I have tried. If I used it for stuff other than matches I would bump it up to 13#.

If you don’t like the stainless parts it is an easy fix. Lots of places sell a non stainless or blackened stainless barrel. You can even get your personal choice of crown treatment. Sell the old barrel to recoup some of the difference. If you just want a plain Jane black barrel, no fancy Elite crown, you probably will make some money. People like the Elite crowns. Black steel trigger costs you 29 bucks and 5 minutes. Sell the stainless one or trade it and it will cost you nothing as well.

The Elite series has always had some form of visual cueing that includes the words “Elite” and stainless barrels. The stainless trigger is new but it sets Elite series pistols apart visually.

I liked their products enough I bought 2 of these. The WC is “prettier”. Nicer rollmarks. WC logo everywhere. Cerakoted. For just shooting though it’s a no brainer. Everything you need is in a LTT with very little fluff.

Forward serrations. Hard to find those without getting an Elite. Melting and removing metal on trigger guard and mag release area is a nice feature. M9A1 frame is the frame I would use to start any franken gun. His thin grips are great. VZ makes them. Trigger job is just really really good.

Buy one. Best of breed if you are a 92 guy.

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I've been considering purchasing my first 92 for a long time and the 92G LTT might make me take the plunge. Is this a good first 92?

I'm a tinkerer and will end up upgrading a 92 anyway. Besides the LTT trigger in a bag this 92 seems like it has everything I'll ever need.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course it is a good 92. M9A1 frame, Vertec slide (dovetail). So you start with my favorite stock frame, the M9A1, which gets you a rail, the scalloped backstrap, checkering vice serrations, beveled somewhat magwell, and unlike the 92A1 which are great, complete interchangeability with 92 slides. Some complain about the one slot rail not being as good as the three slot. I don't know. I use 2 versions of Surefire and they both fit perfectly so I can't speak to what the extra 2 slots are good for.

The LTT will get you some things you just can't frankengun. At least without paying a fortune. Forward serrations. Some guys hate them. I love them on a 92. Removing the sharp edges from trigger guard and mag release. Everything else you could franken yourself.

Not much to change on a LTT. I have changed out triggers to a short reach, but since changed back. I have thought about Spartan sights vice FO. Grips are great as is for my hand.

It is pretty much setup how I would do it. I will probably only ever change out the sights someday. If you want to tinker and can live without the frame mods, there isn't much tinkering here. Functional tinkering that is.

If you think of some improvements I am all ears because I love working on 92's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7436 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It is sort of ugly-ish by Beretta standards, but a good shooter.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BLASPHEMER!

Well, it isn't as pretty as an old beautifully blued, straight dust cover, Italian made, 92 but I get what you mean.

I think it is the shooter 92 that is best of breed. WC stuff is prettier but they aren't better shooters by any measure. Langdon knows how to do a trigger job on these things. WC knows how to drop in parts on these. You will feel the difference if you pay for the trigger job, which you should.

orareyougladtoseeme
posted Hide Post
I can work with ugly as long as it shoots, to be honest I like how it looks. This is my first 92 and I want to be sure I’m getting a good pistol, if it shoots as good as my 226 Navy I’ll be happy. I’ve been watching the M9A3 for a while and waiting for prices to come down when I ran across the 92 LTT.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are killin' me. I've got the WC Brig-Tac, the WC compact carry, two M9a3's (hey bargain prices on both) and I just ordered this one from a member on the classifieds. I will report back. So far, I've been tickled spitless with all 3.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bbasiaga
posted Hide Post
I love my Wilson Combat 92G. Super smooth and accurate. My most expensive by far, but worth it. I am sure this model would be great as well. I like my SIGs but the WC Beretta out shines them in my hands anyway.

Brian

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons...for when crispy you taste good with ketsup.

Posts: 1206 | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
M9A3 with Langdon trigger... Done

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the biggest thing overlooked on this gun is the slim grips. They really make the chunky frame feel smaller. Comparing to standard grips and my VZ golf balls, the difference is dramatic. Overall this gun is the total package in 92s...and they just might be for sale on the classifieds with special SF pricing...

Posts: 5158 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The rear of the slide is relieved as well

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I'm a Beretta 92 fan but had never bought any special versions. I've done some upgrades on them myself over the years and sent a couple of slides to Allegheny for sights, but that's about it. I've been considering a Wilson Combat for a while until I heard about the Langdon Elite LTT via YouTube. Due to an excellent deal in the forum classifieds, I made up my mind and have one on the way now. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm due for a Beretta range trip. My son and I will take it out when it gets here with some of our older ones.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
posted Hide Post
I broke down and ordered one from our dealer in the classifieds, the price was right and he has the trigger job in a bag in stock. This is my first 92 and I can't wait.

posted Hide Post
I'm holding off on the trigger job. I've been happy with issue on the other ones, save the compact. Stupid question, but does the TJIAB fir the compact too?

Posts: 17135 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
^^^
Yes, the TJIAB works in the 92 Compact series as well.

I have to say, the LTT is damn near the perfect Beretta for competition. (Hell, carry for that matter if you're into FS guns.) Anything I've done to or would want to do to my M9A1 is found in the LTT.

As I understand it, they should (relatively soon) have enough numbers for it to be USPSA Production legal, as well as SSP legal in IDPA.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The LTT does NOT come with the sand-resistant mags. It has the usual 92 mags. Meanwhile, the regular M9A1 is offered with the "sand" magazines.

Yes, the sand mags can be purchased separately, but considering the premium price of the LTT, I expect the better mags.

Otherwise, it is a very nice pistol, and it will be a great range toy. That's entertainment.

Posts: 775 | Registered: June 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post