SIGforum
Beretta Langdon 92G Elite LTT

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6980050944

November 01, 2018, 11:49 AM
soggy_spinout
Beretta Langdon 92G Elite LTT
I don't recall seeing a discussion on this pistol, so if there is one I sincerely apologize...

I mentioned the gun in another thread, but frankly I was so smitten by the thing when our shop got a couple in that I'm moved to post a little about the gun. Just like the earlier Ernie Langdon makeover of the PX4 Storm, he's taken a 92 and done a work over for that venerable pistol platform as well. Basically raided the Beretta parts bins and built his version of a Franken92 using the choicest of components. Nice trigger, nice handling, nice everything. Wish we had ordered more so I could've bought one, but oh well...

November 01, 2018, 12:05 PM
Lord Vaalic
I have a WC Brig Tac, and I am debating if I want the Langdon or an M9A3 next

I love the 92 series, for me its the best full size 9mm out there

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
November 01, 2018, 12:52 PM
roberth
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
I have a WC Brig Tac, and I am debating if I want the Langdon or an M9A3 next

I love the 92 series, for me its the best full size 9mm out there

I have a WC too, been looking at the M9A3 and then I saw this 92G Elite LTT....

I'm also very pleased with the 92, but it won't replace the P226 for me.

November 01, 2018, 01:11 PM
sprg03-A3
After buying a Brig Tac and a Cen Tac, both with the action tune, I bought one of the first LTTs, and opted for the trigger job. It is the smoothest TDA trigger I have ever felt, even though not as light as the triggers on my Wilsons. It is an outstanding pistol!!

After shooting my WCs my P226 Legion became a safe queen, and then was sold. These Berettas have a better SA trigger than my SAO Legion.
November 01, 2018, 02:24 PM
longjohn
I bought mine last week. I have only been able to put a couple hundred rounds thru it so far but its a very accurate pistol. Good trigger, great sights and the grips make it fit my hand like a glove. I own 4 92 variants, M9, 92FS, Inox Brig, and the LTT. The Langdon is my favorite.
November 01, 2018, 02:33 PM
BB61
What is the difference between the new Langdon 92G Elite LTT and the Brigadier Elite II? As I understand it, both our Langdon designed guns just a few years apart. I’m sure there are differences but Google isn’t cooperating with my limited search skills.

November 01, 2018, 04:07 PM
cyberiad
One major difference and probably the main one is that the "LTT" does not have a Brigadier slide. Also, if I recall correctly, the Elite II did not have a rail. And, the LTT uses the new Beretta G style lever instead of the original G decocker parts.
November 01, 2018, 05:03 PM
SevenPlusOne
That's a slick looking pistol.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"
November 01, 2018, 07:51 PM
BB61
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
One major difference and probably the main one is that the "LTT" does not have a Brigadier slide. Also, if I recall correctly, the Elite II did not have a rail. And, the LTT uses the new Beretta G style lever instead of the original G decocker parts.

Thanks. I should have mentioned outside of the obvious rail. I have a 96 Elite II and it is a superb weapon. I imagine the new Langdon Elite LTT is equally superb.

What is the difference between the two slides? As I recall, the Brigadier silde was heavier and thus preferred for the 40 S&W.

November 01, 2018, 07:57 PM
RHINOWSO
Yeah Earnest Langdon said that the Brig slide is overkill for 9MM and not needed, hence thats the way he went with the LTT. It reduces the moving mass as the weapon cycles and is better in his eyes.
November 01, 2018, 08:01 PM
DSgrouse
I would buy one if it had a frame moubted safety
November 01, 2018, 08:33 PM
Redhookbklyn
In addition to the trigger job I also chose the night sight option.

In comparing the LTT Elite, WC Brig and WC Cen Tac, both with trigger jobs, I prefer the LTT Elite trigger.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

November 01, 2018, 09:21 PM
CQB60
I like the Radiused Trigger Guard on the LTT but prefer the Wilson Combat G-levers.

November 01, 2018, 09:32 PM
sprg03-A3
The LTT has a Vertec slide, slightly thicker in width and with a dovetail mounted front sight.
November 01, 2018, 09:56 PM
1KPerDay
Can you get one with a black barrel and trigger?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
November 01, 2018, 10:31 PM
motoboy
Thanks for the post soggy

I have been looking at this pistol very hard. I also wish that you would have got one and given us a review !

I believe that this will be my next pistol purchase from Santa ! Big Grin

Thanks to everyone who has one and has chimed in.
November 02, 2018, 07:43 AM
Photoman
FYI... If you don't need all the extra doodads, Langdon sells the custom trigger and fire control parts in a kit for $165.

+++
November 02, 2018, 10:42 AM
ihbwotrr
This is an excellent pistol! Highly recommend.
November 02, 2018, 02:32 PM
cyberiad
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Can you get one with a black barrel and trigger?

I think I read elsewhere that you can't but don't quote me.
November 02, 2018, 05:08 PM
K.O.A.M.
I have a 92G SD with a Wilson trigger job, and I'm seriously tempted by this pistol.

What, me worry?