SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol Caliber Carbine?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pistol Caliber Carbine? Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ Scorpion EVO3 Micro, the first one with the PDW telescoping brace. An extremely fun firearm, and very accurate with just the OEM sights. I did a bunch of HB Industries mods (trigger, charging handle, mag release, etc) to it and those did improve the gun a bit. I eventually removed the faux Osprey can and threaded on a 3-lug muzzle piece on it. My Omega 9k fits it fine, haven't fired it with this config yet. I bought it as a fun gun, even though for home defense, 30 rd mags of 9mm is not a terrible way to go. Just got an SP5 a few weeks ago, we'll see how that compares Wink

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Just finished shooting my Ruger pc charger in 9mm. I was really surprised how well it shot and how much I liked it. Nice to have something with magazine compatibility with my glocks. With the folding stock it fits nicely into my back pack

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm not much help. I have 4. A Ruger PC Carbine, A Ruger PC Charger (technically a pistol), a CZ Scorpion Evo and a CZ Scorpion Evo 2 (technically a pistol).

Photo Jun 08, 10 26 20 AM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Ruger PC9 Factory handguard sling drum by Dave Steier, on Flickr
Evo Back Seat by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Photo May 10, 5 25 52 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
b&t Gmh9 would be my choice over the scorpion, but I have a mp5 so yeah. fun gun to shoot hard just to not do mag dumps though , glad I reload.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
Would also suggest the Grand Power Stribog. They're also coming out with a roller locked version ala MP5!

I have one of their blowback operated Stribogs and I'm very impressed. Fully ambidextrous which as a lefty I greatly appreciate.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (Gen 1) is one of the best bang-for-the-buck firearms I own. An absolute riot, and yet disappears into a regular backpack (with 33rd Glock mags).
Makes a formidable Steel Challenge PCC, as well, with just a little money for some goodies.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I’d always wanted one of the Colt ARs in 9mm but the timing and / or pricing just didn’t work out for me.

I found a PSA 9mm AR on-sale locally and snagged it - it’s been quite fun.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I horse traded in to a CMMG 9mm AR pistol. I basically got rid of it as I had no use for it and rarely shot it.

I also rid myself of all AR based pistols in 556 as they served no purpose that a 14.5" pin and weld couldnt do.

I may change my mind if I get a supressor, but until then...

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have a Scorpion pistol with the SB Brace and love it. Every time I take it out to the range it just makes me smile. I have it in a small backpack and its my truck gun.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Currently my MPX is a fun range toy. But if I put a better optic on it. I'd have no issues running it for home defense. It eats EVERYTHING I have fed it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I have a Calico 9mm ...

Waaaayyyy ahead of its time.

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Still dig my CMMG Banshee in 10 mm. Just wish I could actually SHOOT it...

This CMMG Banshee 10mm has been calling to me. I'd really like to hear from someone about how well the CMMG radial delayed blowback works. That and how much strength it takes to pull back the bolt.
I had CZ Scorpion for a while. I found I didn't care for the weight of the massive bolt carrier and recoil - seemed like it had more recoil that my AR. That put me off blowback PCCs for a while.
I was waiting for Lone Wolf to come out with the 10mm PCC that used a gas piston, but it never happened. Then they quit making the 9mm and 45 ACP versions as well. I noticed used ones never seem to come up on Gunbroker so they either sold very few or the people that got them have kept them.
I suppose a SIG MPC is in the future. If they ever offer it in 357 SIG it will be irresistible.

You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! - Henry Cabot Henhouse III, aka "SuperChicken"

Posts: 132 | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
Would also suggest the Grand Power Stribog. They're also coming out with a roller locked version ala MP5!

I have one of their blowback operated Stribogs and I'm very impressed. Fully ambidextrous which as a lefty I greatly appreciate.

The roller version is indeed intriguing. I like the Stribog in general, but wish it had swappable grip like the Ruger, CZ, etc...

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
I have an earlier Stribog. The reciprocating bolt handle is not optimal but it's tolerable. I may look into other brace solutions in the future. I like the sights too much right not to bother with an optic.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
MPX gen 1 with tax stamp and can..

Great fun to shoot, 10 30 round 9mm magazines
make it easy to have fun with.

The KelTec 2000 for Glock mags is on my list
as is the ruger in 9mm, the breakdown model.

Now that 10mm, hmm....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have the Gen 2 Kel-Tec Sub2000 9mm carbine and love this cool little thing. It’s very unique, folds in half and can go into a laptop bag or backpack, is very fun to shoot and really accurate too.

Mine is OD green and takes 30 round Beretta magazines:

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I admit that most look cool, and would be a hoot to shoot. As far as actually buying one, I have refrained, as I have/see no real need for one. I have a Bushmaster 16" barrel, 5.56, with a collapsible stock, that fulfills my needs for a self defense carbine.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigNull:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Still dig my CMMG Banshee in 10 mm. Just wish I could actually SHOOT it...

This CMMG Banshee 10mm has been calling to me. I'd really like to hear from someone about how well the CMMG radial delayed blowback works. That and how much strength it takes to pull back the bolt.
I had CZ Scorpion for a while. I found I didn't care for the weight of the massive bolt carrier and recoil - seemed like it had more recoil that my AR. That put me off blowback PCCs for a while.
I was waiting for Lone Wolf to come out with the 10mm PCC that used a gas piston, but it never happened. Then they quit making the 9mm and 45 ACP versions as well. I noticed used ones never seem to come up on Gunbroker so they either sold very few or the people that got them have kept them.
I suppose a SIG MPC is in the future. If they ever offer it in 357 SIG it will be irresistible.

I’ve got the 9mm and also have the CMMG 5.7 upper. Their radial delayed blowback system is designed to work with a standard AR carbine buffer and spring. It’s not any harder to pull the bolt back than on a 5.56 AR, and may be less if the bolt is reduced weight like on the 5.7.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I added 1.6 oz to the carrier and mine is running like a champ.
Kinda wish I had done this a while ago.

PSA 8" upper.
Aero lower with SBA3 brace and Law Tactical folder, carbine RE, Rifle spring and a Vltor A5H4 buffer.
BCM LPK with a CMC PCC trigger pack.
KVP BCG.
KVP linear comp.
Endomags to feed it.
Topped off with a Romeo5 Predator on an ADM QD mount.

Fits in my range bag, backpack etc.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post