SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Springfield TRP vs TRP Operator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield TRP vs TRP Operator Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I own the full rail TRP Operator and I'm still in love with it as much as the first day I received it. The extra weight at the muzzle from the full rail I believe helps it shoot somewhat flatter...not to mention looks totally badass. Side note...the Dawson Precision tool-less guide rod could be the best invention / gizmo for the 1911 platform. It makes disassembly and reassembly a breeze.

Posts: 752 | Registered: January 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I have a SS TRP...My favorite pistol by far.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3476 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I'm another non rail TRP fan.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Terminator
posted Hide Post
I dont know if this makes any difference but my TRP was by far the most accurate pistol that I’ve ever owned, and I have the Professional model as well.

Posts: 641 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Now, that is great to hear! For the moment, most of the shooting that I will do with it will be demo-ing drills for students, maybe 3 or 4 a class. Accuracy would be nice, in those situations! Wink

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cajunmuscle:
I own the full rail TRP Operator and I'm still in love with it as much as the first day I received it. The extra weight at the muzzle from the full rail I believe helps it shoot somewhat flatter...not to mention looks totally badass. Side note...the Dawson Precision tool-less guide rod could be the best invention / gizmo for the 1911 platform. It makes disassembly and reassembly a breeze.

+1 Before I swapped in the Dawson guide rod, I had to use a paperclip to capture the recoil assembly before disassembly. You can never find a paperclip when you need one.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29693 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Terminator
posted Hide Post
Bruce
You don’t have to worry. The TRP wont let you down. Laser accurate and ball bat reliable.

Posts: 641 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GT4point6
posted Hide Post
I own two TRPs, one in SS and one in black.
Both are great guns.

The SS model had the ejector glued in, not pinned. Eventually it came loose so back to SA it went to have it properly pinned. SA drilled and pinned the ejector at no cost. That is only issue I have had for either gun. 10s of thousands of rounds through the SS, the black on is only a few months old so maybe a couple of thousand rounds through it. The ejector in this one is also glued, but holding up fine so far.
Both are configured the same for USPSA shooting:
Wilson combat flat wire 15# recoil spring
Wilson combat full length guide rod
Dawson Ice magwell
Dawson Adjustable black rear sight, f/o front
Dawson extended mag release w/button
Techwell grips, weighted to max allowed division weight

Kevin, USN (Ret)

Posts: 412 | Location: Ramona, Ca | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailed post.
I am curious about the changes you made to the guns: Were they "necessary" or "just preference"?
What benefits does the Wilson guide rod offer? I was intrigued by the Springer Precision setup, the way it eases breakdown. Does the Wilson offer a similar feature?
I have several more months before it comes in. I plan on watching Black Friday sales to collect parts and accessories, while I wait.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
Love my TRP.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 126 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post