SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    How about a little Bianchi Cup gun action for you guys
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about a little Bianchi Cup gun action for you guys Login/Join 
posted
When I started shooting steel and USPSA 6 years ago I made a commitment that one day I would jump into Action Pistol and shoot the Bianchi Cup. There is nowhere in MN to shoot Action Pistol but I have a good friend that I met through shooting that had been shooting it for the last couple of years and I finally took him up on his offer to borrow his backup gun while mine was being built. Shooting action pistol when the closest place to shoot an actual match is 6 hours away may seem crazy to some but the good thing about the game is that the skills it takes can be practiced without shooting an actual match and every large match has a day or two open at the range prior to the match to practice so it isn't like you are shooting the matches cold.

I ordered my action pistol gun from Accuracy X, Inc. in November, 2018 and I spent the 2019 season shooting in 3 Regional matches and the Bianchi Cup with my buddies backup gun and managed to shoot a 1833-110X in my first Bianchi Cup and was also fortunately able to win the Expert Class in the Cameron Cup a couple of days after Bianchi ended and the Show Me Cup in October. I was also able to accomplish the classification of Master after only 4 matches and have set a goal of reaching High Master in 2020.

I picked up my first action pistol gun last night just a little over a year after I ordered it. I've only been able to run 50 rounds through it but the gun is amazing and I can't wait to get the optic on it and start practicing for the 2020 season. It should be a good one.

And of course the gratuitous gun pic

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
@ "50 yards"? Holy cow! Eek

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Granted this was from a ransom rest but the largest spread on that target is 1.25". I've seen some guys shoot groups like that with their guns from prone while sighting in and Bruce Piatt posted one a few weeks ago on Facebook that could have been covered with a quarter. The guns are incredible. I could shoot a 10 shot 1.5" 50 yard group with the Colt Cup gun I borrowed earlier this year.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
what's the black deallie at the back of the rail please?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

That's the stick shift. You use it when you are shooting the Mover event. When the target is moving from right to left you have the lever moved over to the right side and then when the target is moving from left you right you have the lever moved over to the left side.

It angles the red dot on the rail and when set correctly it is providing the lead so that you don't have to. It's a pretty remarkable device and it allows you to focus on keeping the dot on the center of the X-Ring as you break the shot instead of worrying about lead as you are breaking the shot.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!Well done, very well done!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

That's the stick shift. You use it when you are shooting the Mover event. When the target is moving from right to left you have the lever moved over to the right side and then when the target is moving from left you right you have the lever moved over to the left side.

It angles the red dot on the rail and when set correctly it is providing the lead so that you don't have to. It's a pretty remarkable device and it allows you to focus on keeping the dot on the center of the X-Ring as you break the shot instead of worrying about lead as you are breaking the shot.
wow. Pretty cool! I’d never heard of such a thing. Almost seems like cheating. Though you could put it in my hands and I’d still be lucky to hit the cardboard let alone the bull. Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3209 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:

What's so hard at 50 yards?

Here are 5 shots offhand one hand at 50 yards.
One of the better shoots I ever had.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:

Very nicely done Hamden106. Is that a set of Randall Fung grips? I have a set for my Smith Model 41.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
quote:

I'll venture a guess that it is hard for most of us average shooters. Cool

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
. Is that a set of Randall Fung grips? I have a set for my Smith Model 41.

Yes. Fung Grip. I also have a set for my SW 14-1

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
I was a range officer at Bianchi from 1986 through 1997, then shot in the Cup for a few years. It is a fun Match.

I wish you the best of luck!

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve builts great guns!!

Tom

Tom Johansen

Posts: 45 | Location: United States | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
When I started shooting steel and USPSA 6 years ago I made a commitment that one day I would jump into Action Pistol and shoot the Bianchi Cup. There is nowhere in MN to shoot Action Pistol but I have a good friend that I met through shooting that had been shooting it for the last couple of years and I finally took him up on his offer to borrow his backup gun while mine was being built. Shooting action pistol when the closest place to shoot an actual match is 6 hours away may seem crazy to some but the good thing about the game is that the skills it takes can be practiced without shooting an actual match and every large match has a day or two open at the range prior to the match to practice so it isn't like you are shooting the matches cold.

I ordered my action pistol gun from Accuracy X, Inc. in November, 2018 and I spent the 2019 season shooting in 3 Regional matches and the Bianchi Cup with my buddies backup gun and managed to shoot a 1833-110X in my first Bianchi Cup and was also fortunately able to win the Expert Class in the Cameron Cup a couple of days after Bianchi ended and the Show Me Cup in October. I was also able to accomplish the classification of Master after only 4 matches and have set a goal of reaching High Master in 2020.

I picked up my first action pistol gun last night just a little over a year after I ordered it. I've only been able to run 50 rounds through it but the gun is amazing and I can't wait to get the optic on it and start practicing for the 2020 season. It should be a good one.

And of course the gratuitous gun pic

Am I reading your gun correctly that Accuracy X is in Hardy, VA?
That’s where I live and I had not heard of them before...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Am I reading your gun correctly that Accuracy X is in Hardy, VA?
That’s where I live and I had not heard of them before...

Yes, you are reading that correctly and all correspondence, invoice and payments went to Hardy, VA. Accuracy X, Inc. also build bullseye 1911's and custom precision rifles as well.

Steve Huff is the owner.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
They have a video showing one of their 1911s shooting 1.8 inches at 100 yards from a ransome rest. That is very impressive and with factory match ammo. Wildsig, isn't the shroud on your pistol used for some type of claw hold at barricade stages ? Also, how the heck do you rack its slide ? Oh and I like its serial #.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
They have a video showing one of their 1911s shooting 1.8 inches at 100 yards from a ransome rest. That is very impressive and with factory match ammo. Wildsig, isn't the shroud on your pistol used for some type of claw hold at barricade stages ? Also, how the heck do you rack its slide ? Oh and I like its serial #.

Yes, the shroud and wings are to help you lock into the barricade on the Barricade event. The shroud protects the slide from coming in contact with the barricade and the wings are what you use to help you lock the gun into the barricade. The gun never really moves but the recoil of the gun makes the barricade move so you have to be patient and let the dot come back to center before touching off the next shot. Despite locking the gun in if you jerk the trigger you will pull shots off the target. I've attached the video of me shooting the last distance of the barricade last year with my buddies gun. It shows pretty well how everything works and how much the barricade moves but the gun doesn't.

If you look between the 3rd and 4th slot on the rail you will see the top of the slide racker that comes out the left side of the gun. Without this it would be almost impossible to rack the slide.

I doctored the serial number in photoshop but my serial number is very low and the numbers are sequential so that is pretty cool. I just wish I would have asked him if I could have 1920 (perfect score) as the serial number.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhQN46MK6O4

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
OK, I can see its slide racker dovetailed in. Those barricades are sure different than the 2x4s we used in PPC. And yes the barricade motion I could see. Are you shooting 9mm or Super ? What kind of optic goes atop ? I'll guess a red dot ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gun I shot this season and the one I had made are both 38 Super Comp. There are a few guys running 9mm successfully now but the majority of the competitors are still running 38 Super or 38 Super Comp.

I've put an Aimpoint ACO-2 MOA on mine but I took the carbine mount off and replaced it with a single low, wide scope ring. The optic sits about 1/8' above the rail. Talking with guys that have done this for years it seems like Aimpoint still rules in the game because of the quality of the glass and dot. Leupold just came out with a tube style dot last summer that also has BDC Turrets so you can adjust the elevation as you shoot the different distances that is going to give Aimpoint a run for their money.

posted Hide Post
I got out and sighted in the Aimpoint this morning. Shooting in December in MN is not always ideal but it was about 30 degrees today and I was able to stay out long enough to get the gun dialed in at 50 yards and then shoot 2 - 6 shot groups at X-Ring sized pasters. Both groups shot from a bench with sandbags for support.

The group on the left was the first group I shot after being satisfied with where the gun was shooting. Group was a little high but I'll take less than an inch any day.

The group on the right was shot after I moved the dot down 6 clicks to bring it a little closer to zero. I'm not sure which shot fired was the flyer but a group under .75" at 50 yards is a keeper.

I can't wait to get some more rounds put together and start really putting this gun through its paces.