SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I give up on the Romeo Zero, is there another brand available?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I give up on the Romeo Zero, is there another brand available? Login/Join 
posted
I had the only bad experience I have ever had with a LGS, but there seems to be no, none, huh uhhh-no way, RZs available for my P365 XL. I may do a rant in the appropriate forum, depends on whether I am still mad at the LGS in a few days-don't like to go off if I get over this situation. I've never done a rant, at least I don't think I have, on any forum.

Okay, so how about another brand? I've been unable to find a Shield RMSc (I think that was it) nor have I found the Holosun, though I may not be searching for the right model.

My simple question is this: Do you know of a red dot available that fits the XL?

I have considered buying one of the new XLs with the RZ already on it, but there haven't been any come through here (and I need two XLs like I need a tail).

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same frustration, holosun 407k,507k would be great But won’t be out until may? Romeo zero is vapor ware though some seem to get them

If the 507k comes out before I get a zero I have on order I will get that one

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I ordered one from PSA a few days ago and it will be here the middle of next week.
These gus show one in stock. https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...p/sig-romeo-zero.htm

Posts: 1476 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Joe/Bob's site says "on order." I am looking for the 6 MOA one, but the 3 MOA is on order also, according ot their site. Been checking that site since December.

Posts: 1572 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on the 507k. Its supposed to ship on the first week of may.Thats just a hair over a month from now. I like the specs and I like the performance of the 507c I currently run.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I had the only bad experience I have ever had with a LGS, but there seems to be no, none, huh uhhh-no way, RZs available for my P365 XL. I may do a rant in the appropriate forum, depends on whether I am still mad at the LGS in a few days-don't like to go off if I get over this situation. I've never done a rant, at least I don't think I have, on any forum.

Okay, so how about another brand? I've been unable to find a Shield RMSc (I think that was it) nor have I found the Holosun, though I may not be searching for the right model.

My simple question is this: Do you know of a red dot available that fits the XL?

I have considered buying one of the new XLs with the RZ already on it, but there haven't been any come through here (and I need two XLs like I need a tail).

Bob

I walked into a LGS recently to pick up a transfer and there was a new R0 in the case for $199. It went home with me and is now on my 365XL. I actually had trouble getting the optic plate screws out of my pistol and Sig was nice enough to remove those, and mount the optic for free under warranty.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking for a Shield RMSc___ Brownells if the official U.S. distributor for Shelf red dots.
Where ever you buy a Shield red dot they're $400.
Sort of like Apple products. The price is set by the company that makes'ed.
I have a RMSc on one pistol and the RMS on another.
Depends of whether its a single or double stack
pistol.
Most always, with a Shield sight the original iron sights work well. No need for change iron sights.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 407k/507k will be the ticket IF they use the same pattern. I have seen some suggestion that they might not now. Hopefully they make their target release date, too. The 507c is available now and I have seen more arrive at the distributor since the virus mess has started. Getting them from the distributor, though, is a slightly different story.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was getting set to just wait, wait for the new HoloSun when, out of the blue, I got a call from a LGS who asked if I "still wanted at Romeo Zero?"

I said, "Naaah, I'll just stick with the iron sights!" In a pig's eye, I did. I said YES!

It is on the way if the world keeps revolving a bit longer.

Bob

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
The 407k/507k will be the ticket IF they use the same pattern. I have seen some suggestion that they might not now. Hopefully they make their target release date, too. The 507c is available now and I have seen more arrive at the distributor since the virus mess has started. Getting them from the distributor, though, is a slightly different story.

I think the new Holosun K’s are much delayed due to the current environment. I’ve had one on order for a number of weeks and got an email yesterday regarding an unspecified delay due to Chinese manufacturing and shipping problems.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an RMSc on my P365XL and an RMR and Holosun 507's on a few other firearms. While I'm most concerned about the RMSc in the long run as it uses a polymer lens and I've read about scratches it absolutely blows away the RMR and 507 in terms of the amount of lens space you get to look through. I like it so much I'm considering having my P225-A1 milled for an RMSc.

EDIT: Looks like Shield has a service to replace the polymer lens with a glass one if needed or desired.

Posts: 347 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shield claims their polymer is stronger than
glass ones.
Google the Shiel site ( In England )
They made sights for their military and special
Ops for thirty years before going to commercial
sales about three years ago. The RMSc and the
RMS are designed for pistols___ not a one size fits
all.
I like that you zero them and that's it. No OFF and On things. They're on all the time and can last a couple of years. The dot changes instantly depending on the atmosphere. I really like both of mine.
I think Shield makes the Sig Zero sight__ but doesn't have the Shield's bells and whistles.
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I've never personally looked into getting one since I don't have an applicable platform, but I see no mention of Burris, Leupold, or Trijicon micro-optics. Any reason why? I can understand wanting to use a Sig product on a Sig pistol, but my assumption is any of the three I mention will be a better made device.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I've never personally looked into getting one since I don't have an applicable platform, but I see no mention of Burris, Leupold, or Trijicon micro-optics. Any reason why? I can understand wanting to use a Sig product on a Sig pistol, but my assumption is any of the three I mention will be a better made device.

Those are big and wide( hang over sides) and would need an adapter plate

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I snagged one from my local shop. They got some in and held one aside for me, 6 moa too. Not sure what I'm gonna use it for if not my M17.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post