SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK P7M8
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK P7M8 Login/Join 
posted
Finally found out what all the fuzz was around this gun today. Had it for nearly a decade but haven't been able too shoot it much, sorta discarded it since I´ve never been able to shoot it well, actually contemplating selling it for awhile. Man am I glad I didn't, shot one hole groups today att 25 yards and couldn't wipe the grin off my face, this is definitely a keeper!

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun to shoot, accurate guns.

Just don't EVER let any oil get on the gas piston and don't try and shoot it a lot at once - they can get quite hot!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love all things Hk, but the p7's are pretty specialSmile

p229Extreme/P226Tac-Ops/P226 Extreme/P226 SAO) P226 X-5 Blue Moon/P226 X-5 Black and White

Posts: 750 | Registered: March 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nilsjohan:
actually contemplating selling it for awhile. Man am I glad I didn't...

Good Call!

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nilsjohan:
Finally found out what all the fuzz was around this gun today. Had it for nearly a decade but haven't been able too shoot it much, sorta discarded it since I´ve never been able to shoot it well, actually contemplating selling it for awhile. Man am I glad I didn't, shot one hole groups today att 25 yards and couldn't wipe the grin off my face, this is definitely a keeper!

So, what happened? What changed that made you suddenly shoot it so well? You realize that you're saying it shoots better than the X5? Eek

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well having a fixed barrel, it should be crazy accurate. The question is, do you like the trigger? I find it a little mushy for my taste, though a lot of people rave about it. And I find I just can't shoot it well at speed. But it is a great shooter at a slower pace for me.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Reading this has me wanting to shoot mine now. Big Grin

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fnforme
posted Hide Post
The P7 is the gun I want to love. I own a couple and they're marvelous miracles of German engineering, but it's hard to get past their quirks. If I was issued one I would carry it with zero qualms and feel well armed.

However, parts are super expensive, as are the pistols themselves and mags. Capacity is limited and for the weight the capacity is far too low. Also, any gun I can barely fire five mags from before it gets too hot to comfortably hold is something I can't viably train with in competitions or classes.

I have carried mine on occasion many moons ago. After switching over to Glocks I haven't carried it since. Proficiency is a result of practice and the odometer on my G19 shows extensive highway miles. I would never be able to run 600 rounds a day in one of my P7s or rack up the round count my G19s have without maintaining a deep stack of spare parts that would cost a fortune.

All that having been said, they're amazing pistols that shoot VERY well. If they were still made and affordable it would be a far more practical choice. Then again, cost and affordability are completely relative so if it floats your boat and you love it go for it.

Posts: 3419 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: April 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
So, what happened? What changed that made you suddenly shoot it so well? You realize that you're saying it shoots better than the X5? Eek[/QUOTE]

Not sure really, I guess I for once took my time and concentrated on pulling the trigger as controlled as I possibly could, and get surprised when the round finally went off. Haven't really been impressed by the trigger on this gun, I do prefer an actual break point so to say. And the long reset doesn't improve fast follow up shots to be honest. But, when you take your time and really focus, that's when this gun delivers!

I did have to order a new mag release since the one on it broke on one side, it still functions but you know, you want it the way it was design, and I can attest that the spare parts prices ar way up there. Guess I paid around 80 dollars for a new mag release.

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I've got to go dust mine off and take it next time. Well, its not actually dusty, but you get the idea...Love the P7M8.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post