SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first foray into the world of pistol RMR's.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first foray into the world of pistol RMR's. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
You might take off the surefire as it adds weight and no benefit in this training.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I did take it off later that day. She did much better without the light.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
You might take off the surefire as it adds weight and no benefit in this training.

Great write up, glad they are sending you a new front sight,

I was going to add it looks like the weight from the light wasn't helping, probably best used later after she's mastered the pistol, it (G19) might even be a bit large for her hands yet but she looked like she was doing well.

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Long overdue update.

The RMR GLock17 now has a total of 50,575 rounds through it.

My daughter has put 900 rounds through the gun this summer. No vids yet, but she has improved exponentially. Trigger discipline, draws, follow up shots, multiple targets, all the basics are down pat after working with her extensively on and off the range. She still prefers riflework but looks forward to shooting pistols. I'll start training her in tactics and mindset over the colder months.

Anyway, no issues with the Glock. It still runs like a champ.

The Glock FDE mags are running fine. No issues as you'd expect from OEM.
I don't miss the ETS mags at all.

I've started to religiously check the the screws holding down the RMR. They tend to loosen every 500 rds or so. I again contribute this to the shitty aluminum used for the RMR plate on the Unity slide. I reiterate--if it were made of steel it would be much better. I also think the thread pitches on the screws and the plate don't exactly match. Trijicon's screws don't fit, but I've tried multiple screws from Unity and they are all the same.
And as long as I keep the psi constant when I tighten her down, then I shouldn't strip the holes in the plate.

The SF 300U still runs great.

No spring changes all summer.

The front sight has remained on the gun and hasn't loosened....yet.

The VDI barrel is still producing acceptable accuracy for a combat pistol.
--------------

I think for Christmas I'm going to get myself the newer Trijicon SRO. Just waiting for the FDE version to show up.

But for now the gun stays as-is and remains my constant training and range companion.

No training courses are on my schedule for the rest of the year.

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
So why did you switch back to factory magazines?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
So why did you switch back to factory magazines?

I switched a while back. Mostly because of aesthetics, which yeah I know, seems like a trivial thing.
But the ETS proved reliable enough for me and recommend them for anyone needing a 22 round mag for their glocks.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
You get around to it one of these days shoot me an email

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
You get around to it one of these days shoot me an email

email sent

posted Hide Post
I just bought a Suarez G17 slide and put an RM02 on it. I'm looking forward to working with this and comparing it to my Romeo1 P226.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
I just bought a Suarez G17 slide and put an RM02 on it. I'm looking forward to working with this and comparing it to my Romeo1 P226.

Very cool, be sure to post your thoughts on your new setup.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I shot the East Coast Steel Championship in PA last weekend and two of the guys on my team shot dot guns in Carry Optic Division.
I tried both and decided to put something together when I got back to give it a try.

The only MOS capable Glock I have is a Gen5 34.
So I ordered a Trijicon RM08G dual illuminated green triangle which is 12.9 moa, and mounted it using the #2 base plate and the Trijicon gasket and screws.

I shot it yesterday just to sight it in and see how it handled. At 25yds standing I was surprised the tight little groups I could get by covering the center with the triangle and shooting fairly quickly. But also using the tip of the triangle for "precision" slow shooting.

I only shot about 30rds at lunch, but coming up from low ready and pushing straight out as if I was looking for the iron sights had the green triangle right there on target. Very cool! The only "dot" guns I've tried in the past were open guns with a Cmore sideways high over the top of the slide and I never cared for the shooting position.

But this little RMR sits very low and I'm excited to spend some time with it. I'll be shooting a match tomorrow with it and use a BladeTech holster which is open enough to accommodate the RMR.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

Very cool, be sure to post your thoughts on your new setup.

I've had it out a couple of times for a couple hundred rounds. I like it and I haven't experienced any problems. I bought an RM01 and have run that too, the RM02 6.5 MOA dot is nicer at close range (3-15 yards), the RM01 3.5 MOA dot works better farther out (20+ yards). The RM01 is fine at shorter distances, I just like the bigger dot better.

I haven't shot the P226 and Glock together yet so nothing to report there.

I got the Suarez barrel, recoil unit, and their 1/3 co-witness sights at the same time. I bought the OEM slide parts kit from a local vendor and I learned how to put the parts into the slide, super easy.

I want to do a 1911, really bad, so bad I'm thinking about selling some guns that can't be RMRd.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P226 slide to have it milled, I like to keep my original parts original.

I sent the P226 slide to Mark at L&M, they did a really nice job, BUIS are 1/3 co-witness AmeriGlo night sights. Sunday is range day, and I'll run it with a suppressor too. I like the Romeo1 and the suppressor, this should be a similar experience.

The RM01 / RM02 are "always on", I want to try an RM06 (3.25MOA adjustable dot).

posted Hide Post
Ran my new P226 slide/RM01 on my Combat frame yesterday, about 150 rounds.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I also just waded into the RMR pool. I put a RMR 3.25 MOA type 2 on my G19.5 MOS. It was an off-duty gun, but once I got the hang of the red-dot thing I switched it over to my duty rig. Then I took my G17.4 and sent it off to Agency Arms for their Agency Optics System package. I have a second RMR here waiting for it when it returns. That will go back in my duty holster once it's done. My G19 will go back to off-duty/home defense.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
agony, thanks for posting your experience with the RMR!

I just hit the 20K mark on this G19/RMR, no problems. Right or wrong did not put sights on it, only used at the range. Thought it would be better for me to get accustom to the dot. Took me a little while to let go of my precision rifle background, holding that dot precisely. Come to terms with the dot is always moving. Now if it's anywhere on the credit card, pulling the trigger. I'm very confident with it now. Shot timer shows I'm turning in the faster times compared to irons! The two things I like about the dot. It changed my draw stroke to more of a lift up from hands meeting, very little drive forward, absolutely faster. The big thing I like about the dot is target focus.

Last few months I've shot the 19X and G45, believe the perfect EDC gun for me. Picked up a pair of G45's from SigForum member DaBigBR. Dropped them off at DangerClose in Denver to have the slides mills, they did a nice job on the G19 slide. Should have them back in a week. Will put a RMR/sights on one of them, will be my EDC. A couple friends have the Trijicon SRO. The field of view compared to the RMR is huge. Going to borrow one of the SRO put it on the other G45, see what I see.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post