SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My first foray into the world of pistol RMR's.
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first foray into the world of pistol RMR's. Login/Join 
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted in this thread prior but have been keeping track of your updates. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and experience. To be perfectly honest your story has had me looking at moving into the Red Dot world of pistols. As Jones has said I'm looking forward to hopefully a higher round count feedback and also your next venture into the 19.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Deeply appreciate your time and effort on this post.

I too have an affinity for FDE framed Glocks and have been considering an RMR as well.

Regards
Billy

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
I'll continue to shoot this thing and will try to update monthly. I think that when the 19 gets built, I'll be spending more time behind the new gun. But I'm by no means putting the 17 away.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your follow ups on these.

Reading this has gotten me into the RMR thing also. Now I have an ammo shortage as of late. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Thanks for your follow ups on these.

Reading this has gotten me into the RMR thing also. Now I have an ammo shortage as of late. Big Grin

Nice! How is that Burris holding up?

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What I heard from all that was "Blah blah blah, Agony had a 34MOS that Oat wanted and didn't drop a dime to sell it to him." Wink :P

LOL, I've got a Docter I got from CSwimm years ago just waiting for a gun like this.

We're gonna have to hit the range this summer, my man. Been too long. The lady and I are looking to hit up WV this summer anyway, so we'll have to get together.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by agony:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Thanks for your follow-ups on these.

Nice! How is that Burris holding up?

Working just fine and no problems at all. The MOS hasn't drifted or worked anything loose so far.

The C-more is spot on. It was in an $800 box of parts and I built the 2011 out of them.

I did find a few boxes of 38s today, so next weekend should be fun!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

We're gonna have to hit the range this summer, my man. Been too long. The lady and I are looking to hit up WV this summer anyway, so we'll have to get together.

Dude definitely! PM on FB with details on your trip to WV....Mea casa tea casa est. Razz

posted Hide Post
look forward to your views, still learning more and more about my Glock with RMRs

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
We need to get another NC shoot together.
Dunno if Oat would make the drive, though. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:

Might be game if we're down there visiting. Eastern NC or Raleighwood would be easier, though.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:

Might be game if we're down there visiting. Eastern NC or Raleighwood would be easier, though.

Would love another NC shoot been too long

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to host a few folks in the Burlington area. I've been working with a G19 with RMR and a G43 with the Shield RDS.

www.ccgci.org

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
I'd be happy to host a few folks in the Burlington area. I've been working with a G19 with RMR and a G43 with the Shield RDS.

www.ccgci.org

Sounds good to me. Burlington in only 3 hours from me....plus it's the closest Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ to me as well! Smile

posted Hide Post
I have only made it through page 1. It is a purdy looking pistol. I am envious.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:

www.ccgci.org

Sounds good to me. Burlington in only 3 hours from me....plus it's the closest Smithfield's Chicken and BBQ to me as well! Smile

not far at all, only 1.5 hours for me

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Let's do it!
Maybe pingman and other locals can get the ball rolling. Would love to take the wife to Raleigh for the weekend anyway, let's make to most of it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's do it!
Maybe pingman and other locals can get the ball rolling. Would love to take the wife to Raleigh for the weekend anyway, let's make to most of it.

Don't think we'd have a chance to get down there until early July. Work til early June and then taking a class in NH until last week and a half of June.

Also, if y'all want to drive a little further east, there's a place, Fun Time Shooting, outside of Wilson (bout 1.5 hours E from Burlington, maybe). Basically a bunch of steel, a short jungle walk type course, plate racks, barricades, plus rifle steel out to 700ish, I think. No website, but I've got the guy's card and can do some askin'.

Based on his info, I bet MikeinNC knows the owner as well.

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's do it!

I'll check our range schedule and toss out a few dates.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1832 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my SA RO Champion with L&M Precision modified slide with RM06 and Trij raised night sights. This is my favorite range gun, but I've been without it for 3 months. Trying to get a threaded barrel and having to send the RMR back for repair.

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post