SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tried my hand at dremel stippling wood grip panels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tried my hand at dremel stippling wood grip panels Login/Join 
Picture of fz4vgq
posted
I'm a old-school Buckmark fan, most of mine wear the old right handed walnut thumbrest grips. Lately I've noticed I just don't have enough grip, maybe as I've gotten older my skin has gotten drier ?

I used the smallest spherical cutter head and went at it, I think being the first time I may have overthought it a bit. Next set will hopefully turn out a little cleaner.

https://flic.kr/p/21CvAaM

https://flic.kr/p/ZxjYZN

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good for your first time!

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I clicked ready to cringe. It looks good!

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The work is good.

I must have a touch of that phobia of holey things, though, because that texture always skeeves me out a little.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Well, you can color me impressed!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They look good but I think a coat of Watco Danish Oil would be of benefit.

Posts: 26847 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Yes Sir, I plan on doing that.

Thanks everyone.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Nice! Time well spent.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8307 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
Looks like you did a fine job for a first timer. Smile

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fz4vgq:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

Yes Sir, I plan on doing that.

Thanks everyone.

Definitely add some oil, and looks way better than any of the Glock stippling I have seen. Very well done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20746 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I clicked ready to cringe. It looks good!

Aye that looks mighty fine! Eek Wink

Posts: 18011 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
What a great job you did there!! How did you keep each “stipple” from turning brown from the heat?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rogue Tom
posted Hide Post
Those grips look very good. Really nice contrast with the wood stains.

Posts: 64 | Location: Somewhere in North Texas | Registered: January 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Look pretty good to me!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, gave them a coat of Watco Danish oil in dark walnut. They do look much better to me now.

https://flic.kr/p/21C2szU

https://flic.kr/p/Zjtznt

Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Looks good

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Well done.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Yup, looks very nice!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
No cringing here!

Looks very nice.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For delicate work I always use a battery powered Dremel. The battery Dremel is capable of a much slower speed than a variable corded Dremel.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anush,

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4249 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post