SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ Bren 2 Ms - when will they be available in quantity?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Bren 2 Ms - when will they be available in quantity? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Do we have any dealers or folks in the know here who know when the Bren 2 pistol will be available?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I ordered in February, and still don’t have mine. CZ is also moving to Little Rock...per the LE Rep.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I don't think any have come in besides the initial shipment of the 2S last year. I grabbed a 10" and am glad I did.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was told late summer when I ordered mine a few weeks ago, but I'm sure there are a bunch of moving parts to it. Hopefully not as long as the Scorpion Micro took.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are starting to arrive. Mine (11.5" 5.56) is shipping tomorrow from CZ LE sales.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
These are starting to arrive. Mine (11.5" 5.56) is shipping tomorrow from CZ LE sales.

Let us know how you like it!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

Let us know how you like it!

Yes please, will be very excited to hear your thoughts.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
this is next up once I pay for my CETME LC and CETME LV

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
3 came into the LGS. One came home with me. Smile
Design is very similar to the Scorpion receiver, blowback design. Shipped with 300 Blackout labeled mags. Standard AR magwell-so it accepts magpul or generic AR mags. Magwell is part of the trigger housing = polymer with metal lined. Has the standard front and back pins to attach the upper to the lower. Remove the front pin to drop the trigger housing out. Polymer trigger housing. The receiver is the serialized part.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Bren is not blowback, it's gas piston. My mags are marked 5.56 and 300. They are a CZ branded mag very similar to a PMAG and with a window in the backstrap.

My Bren arrived yesterday. It comes with two of the above mags and a little zippered pouch that includes a cleaning kit, gas regulator adjustment tool, wrench for removing the handguard, and front sight tool. The cleaning kit is a nice touch. I took it out of the box, put on an SBA3, and that's basically all I had time to do. I took it to my agency's range yesterday, but only had time to shoot 20 rounds while the participants were on lunch. I shot five rounds to verify function and then ran a VTAC 1-5 drill in 3.19 seconds, which is a reasonable time but my bests are usually more like 2.75.

I put a couple hundred rounds through it today. My overall impression is favorable. It's a very soft shooting gun coming from 11.5" ARs. The trigger is longer, but light and reminds me in feel of some AK triggers. The controls are simple and intuitive. I like the bolt catch and release inside the trigger guard. The action feels very smooth. Maybe not B&T smooth, but close. The factory sights are basically a Troy knockoff. The front sight has a white dot and is made up of two wheels so you adjust the elevation and then can independently turn the post without adjusting elevation to get the dot facing the right way. The rear sight apertures do not lock in very positively. I like the 45 degree selector, but the levers are plastic and I don't care for them. They have some give and just don't seem very nice. They remind me of the plastic safety on recent Daniel Defense guns.

I have some concerns that heat buildup will be a problem. The handguard is basically attached to the trunion and gas block via screws and the whole thing acts as a heat sink. After about 50 rounds in a couple minutes (but not mag dumps), the handguard was too hot to hold. Shooting a 30 round qualification course over about 5 minutes did not cause the gun to be too hot to hold, but it was getting there. The modular nature of the gun likely means aftermarket handguards are coming. Perhaps something free-floating will help.

I did not do any real accuracy testing other than zeroing. The gun groups fine for that purpose and reliably hits 12"ish steel at 100 yards. My zero probably needs some refining due to the untraditional front sight post. That style is never as easy to adjust as you would like. I have not put an optic on it yet, but will. My immediate plan is to register it as an SBR and put an ACR stock on it with a Dan Haga Design adapter.

I'm hoping to shoot the gun some more this week.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the brief review. I am going to start trying to find an 11” 5.56 for myself now. The 8” and 14” ones seem to be in-stock everywhere but no 11’s anymore.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post