SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Recommendations For Browning Hi Power Grips?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations For Browning Hi Power Grips? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Navadrex wood grips SAY they have a palm swell in Brownell's ad(may well be an old ad), but they do NOT....they are flat like the Micarta grips. I own two pairs of the wood Navadrix grips(I am a wood grip guy), and finished them out with Formsby's satin finish.....they needed it, in my way of thinking.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I had Hogue G10s on a MkIII a while back and really liked them.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
+42 for the navridex from Brownells

I have a pair that look like Rosewood, but are actually some synthetic,
fits very well, fits me very well

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Navridex by far...

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
My High Power MK III with matte finish sports the Uncle Mike's rubber panel grips. These are great and look really nice! Too bad they have been discontinued.

These are what I use too, they just feel great to me.

GT-40DOC - If you want to try the Hogue rubber grips email me your address and I'll send a pair to you no charge. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Nills are quite nice although a bit pricey.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
At one time I owned a pair of Mk IIIs, one I put on a set of Spegals and the other one a set of Ahrends. I liked them both, however I would give a slight nod to the Ahrends.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've had them all and for my money the Spegels are the best of the bunch. There's a big reason why custom makers put them on their P35s!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16182 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I have the VZ Grips on mine. They are thin and I like them very much.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I've had them all and for my money the Spegels are the best of the bunch. There's a big reason why custom makers put them on their P35s!

This

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I found some beautiful rosewood grips at Midway.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mew:
Take a look at VZ
https://vzgrips.com/pistol-grips/hi-power

I have a set of Wood Hogue grips, the factory plastic grips and a set of Hogue wraparound finger groove grips and a set of VZP Pro Slims

I prefer and like the VZ's the best.

I purchased the VZ's used, so I didn't get my color choice, but they are very grippy with out being bulky.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations, folks. I think I'm going to grab a pair of the Micarta Navridex just to check them out and then try something in wood. I'll take a look around to see if I can fondle some Spegels, but it looks like the Hogues may wind up giving me a better fit in the upper part of the shooting hand.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
My High Power MK III with matte finish sports the Uncle Mike's rubber panel grips. These are great and look really nice! Too bad they have been discontinued.

These are what I use too, they just feel great to me.

GT-40DOC - If you want to try the Hogue rubber grips email me your address and I'll send a pair to you no charge. My email is in my profile.

I sent you an email.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like Alumagrips on my BHP. They give a good grip and are comfortable against my skin when CCing.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5158 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Crimsontrace Lasergrips.

Posts: 15885 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave Spegel's Delrin grips are superb.

Posts: 278 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of submoa
posted Hide Post
Yep, I agree Cool:

Posts: 1273 | Location: South Florida, A Third World Country with Modern Conveniences | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post