SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPQ 22lr observations after 400+ rounds.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPQ 22lr observations after 400+ rounds. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
As of today, I have put slightly over 400 rounds through my new Walther PPQ 22. I have only shot CCI Mini-Mag and Federal bulk ammo. I have not had one FF, FE or stovepipe the entire time. The accuracy is not bad but not as good as my Ruger MKII. Recoil is so minimal it takes a moment to adjust when going from the .22 to my PPQ M2s chambered in 9mm or 40 S&W. The only problem, and this is quite consistent, is that the slide generally does not lock back after the last round. As it is the same size as my centerfire Walthers and I don’t have the same problem with them, I’m going to place this problem on the pistol. I’m not sure if it warrants sending it back to Walther but it is annoying. Outside of the slide issue, it has been a very good pistol and one I would recommend as a plinker/trainer.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear your PPQ 22LR is shooting well and reliably for you. IMO I would at least contact Walther about the slide not locking back after last shot and check that the barrel is not getting peened as a a result. Some 22LR pistol designs can be dry fired without worry but not sure about the PPQ 22LR.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I had same experience. Shot 1K rnds with no cleaning. Most suppressed. Not a single failure.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hmm...the one we have in our display case exhibited a reluctance for the slide stop to hold the slide open just in handling. I noticed this yesterday when I did a safety check prior to handing the pistol over to a customer for his inspection. On this gun I ultimately had to push the stop up with my thumb to get it to catch the slide. The mag spring seemed like it had good strength and the mag itself locked in solidly to the gun. Could be a tolerance issue, since I don't remember previous PPQ 22LRs that have come through doing the same.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post