SIGforum
My new P220 10mm Match Elite

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6930022974

February 01, 2021, 11:37 AM
mfdengineer
My new P220 10mm Match Elite
First time posting in the Pistols section but I enjoyed shooting this gun so much I had to share. I never thought I would shoot anything smoother and sweeter than the German P220 but here it is. Only took 8 pulls of the trigger to absolutely love this gun. It really is a sweet shooter. I replaced the G10 grips with the rosewood ones and I really think it makes the reverse two tone pop.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mfdengineer,
February 01, 2021, 12:45 PM
Twist
She's a looker for sure. Congrats on the pick up.

February 01, 2021, 02:15 PM
hudr
ANY P220 is a dead sexy beast, IMO.
But that is a beautiful piece of weapon craft.
And apparently a good shooter, also (like that would ever be in doubt).
February 01, 2021, 02:46 PM
Bob RI
Very nice! Congrats!
February 01, 2021, 02:48 PM
colt_saa
Congratulations

That is a GREAT looking auto loader

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com
February 01, 2021, 04:27 PM
.38supersig
Sweet!

I had to get one of these as soon as they came out. Already had a GG trigger and a set of the Aluminum Sig grips waiting.

February 01, 2021, 06:34 PM
mfdengineer
Thanks for the comments. I wanted one of these since before Sig started producing them. I'm glad I got one when I did because the prices on these are climbing daily. Do you guys prefer the factory G10 grips or the rosewood ones?
February 01, 2021, 08:14 PM
abnmacv
Rosewood grips are beautiful. The grips with the most utility would be the way I would select.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member
February 01, 2021, 08:16 PM
.38supersig
I tried the G10 grips for a while, but never got the feel of them. The Rosewood grips suited me better than the G10. I was familiar to the checkered aluminum as I have them on my other Sigs.

Mostly a personal preference more than anything else.

February 01, 2021, 08:20 PM
P250UA5
Those rosewood grips look perfect, but I like both options.
With how humid Houston is in the summer, I'd opt for synthetic for sweat resistance.

The Enemy's gate is down.
February 01, 2021, 10:23 PM
SigFan
Good shootin’! I agree the wood looks awesome on that two-tone beauty. Good call.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)
February 02, 2021, 04:56 AM
henryaz
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
I tried the G10 grips for a while, but never got the feel of them. The Rosewood grips suited me better than the G10. I was familiar to the checkered aluminum as I have them on my other Sigs.

Mostly a personal preference more than anything else.

At one point I had both, G10 checkered on the 10mm P220, and aluminum checkered on a standard P220. I could not really detect any (or such a tiny amount as to be undetectable) difference between those two sets of Hogue grips. They are the same thickness, for one thing. But, as you said, personal preference comes into play. Smile Personally, I would be happy with either one.

When in doubt, mumble
February 02, 2021, 05:51 AM
Challer
I have the same as well as 2 P220/10 Legion. Any experience on the forums having the slide refinished to a more SSE all stainless look? I’d be matching the slide for RDS/pigs at the same time.
February 02, 2021, 07:12 AM
bigguy
How dare that Austrian upstart call his pistols perfection.

Sig Sauer’s P220 Match Elite 10mm Handgun is perfection.
February 03, 2021, 08:14 AM
mfdengineer
I appreciate the comments. I plan on shooting it with the G10 grips to see how they feel. I just picked a bad time to buy a 10mm with the whole ammo shortage thing going on.
February 03, 2021, 08:34 AM
hudr
quote:
Originally posted by mfdengineer:
I appreciate the comments. I plan on shooting it with the G10 grips to see how they feel. I just picked a bad time to buy a 10mm with the whole ammo shortage thing going on.

10mm was one of the last calibers to start to creep up. But, yeah, now it’s all scarce and expensive. But I think I can make it through on what I’ve stacked up.
We shall see.

I also bought a BUNCH of 40SW back when everyone was dumping it on the market and following the FBI back to 9MM. I have a 40 conversion barrel for my G20, now that is a soft shooter.

But my SIG P220-10 will probably sit until ammo starts to show back up.
February 03, 2021, 09:51 AM
henryT
Wow! she sure is a beauty. Only thing missing is her laying on a candle lite table with a nice glass of wine at her side.
quote:
Originally posted by mfdengineer:
First time posting in the Pistols section but I enjoyed shooting this gun so much I had to share. I never thought I would shoot anything smoother and sweeter than the German P220 but here it is. Only took 8 pulls of the trigger to absolutely love this gun. It really is a sweet shooter. I replaced the G10 grips with the rosewood ones and I really think it makes the reverse two tone pop.

February 05, 2021, 07:40 PM
Lord Vaalic
Very sweet pistol. Wish they made this exact pistol in .45

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
February 05, 2021, 07:50 PM
inspcalahan
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Very sweet pistol. Wish they made this exact pistol in .45

Man, that'd be like shooting a .22. The recoil would be next to nothing.
February 06, 2021, 10:22 AM
paulbriand
I bought that same pistol a couple of years ago and had the nitron blasted off the slide and then had the slide milled and a trijicon red mounted. Shot my first Buck from 50 yards out this past November. I am unable to post Pics so I will just say its a pretty nice setup. I am Looking for all black grips similar to yours. At 44 ounces its a very soft shooter for a 10mm. Carries well in a Diamond D LEather Chest Holster