SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Excellent Kahr service experience
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excellent Kahr service experience Login/Join 
posted
Just wanted to share a recent experience with Kahr's customer service. I've have a Kahr MK9 for 9 years or so and in that time I've shot somewhere around 1,000 rounds through it. I'm the original owner so I normally shoot half a box of FMJ here and there. It's always been a reliable gun and I can only remember one stovepipe the entire time I've had it.

So while cleaning it one day, I noticed a small crack in the front of the slide between the opening for the barrel and recoil spring. I emailed Kahr and attached pictures. They sent me a shipping label right away. As soon as it arrived at Kahr, I had an email confirmation of arrival. The email said expected return times of 4-6 weeks or so. I had a phone call two day later from a Kahr technician saying they only had Elite slides so I had the option of keeping it shiny or they can bead blast it matte. They also said they are going to put on fresh night sights and will send it out in a couple of days. Never once did they ask for payment. When I got the gun back, I was pleasantly surprised because there was an extra 6 round magazine in the box. Turn around time was around 1.5 weeks.

This has been one of the most pleasant warranty experience I've ever had. Replacing the slide was great but to throw in new night sights and an extra magazine was amazing! Also the phone call I got from Kahr was very professional. I'm definitely getting a PM9 or CM9 in the future.

[IMG]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipNPA7ijWzsp3ItP6Y2fKWMWL-zggxOCtpMXNjdB/[IMG]

Posts: 6 | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
Wanna' know how to get a repeat customer? Do what they did! Then your customer will share it and we'll all say "Well done Kahr (or whomever), you have our attention."

Long live the MK9!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well done Kahr!

I have a few of them and fortunately haven't needed their services.

Great Story and thanks for sharing!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nicely done.

Mine needs new noocular sights, but that isn't a warranty problem, of course.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had total opposite exp. with them to the point i will not own another, many returns wont feed. never fixed ! I am not a fussey owner and have over 50 yrs. exp. with handguns . but that said i am glad to hear you got good service .

Posts: 15 | Registered: July 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with my Kahrs other than that I do not like the magazine follower design. That is cured with aftermarket followers that do not drop out rounds and enable you to slingshot the slide.

Even so, the only time I still carry it is when I need to pocket carry. If I am carrying IWB, I carry my Walther PPS which I shoot better than the Kahr and which has an 8 round magazine that integrates nicely in the grip

Posts: 15 | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This crack was a known issue with older kahrs.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
My past experience with KAHR customer service is similar to yours OP. Good of you to relate it to others.

At least your thread started out with good intentions...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time, I owned a PM45. Had failure to feed issues, sent the gun back, they turned the gun around in 3 days with a brand new night sights installed at no charge. Their customer service is good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a very nice experience with Kahr. I had (still have) an MK9 that kept send brass straight back at me. One day I banged the front sight at the range just so, and the blade broke off. My plan was to drift off the base and order a new front sight, but I could not budge that dovetailed base.

I sent it back to Kahr, explaining what happened. I then requested that they put on night sights, and I would pay for the upgrade. I also explained that I was having the issue with hot brass coming back at me, and because of that, I had not gotten around to testing it with hollow points.

When I received the gun back they had put on night sights, had replaced the ejector, and had polished all the insides. The kicker was that it was all done at no charge.

Best customer service I ever had within the gun industry (a close second was Troy Industries and everyone else has been way down the list).

Posts: 81 | Registered: September 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree they took care of me also at no charge, so I have 3 guns now.

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post