SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sadly my P320 saga draws to a close...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sadly my P320 saga draws to a close... Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Lived through the recall, a blown out casing, and other drama. Sadly I still cannot hit the broadside of a barn with my P320C in 9mm. It’s always low or low left. My 26+ years carrying a Glock must have done me in. I still shoot lights out with those all day long. As a result my P320C is getting traded in to pay for a G19.5.

My guns get carried for work so I’m sticking to what I shoot well. My P320 FS .45 will stick around for something to shoot at the Range...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Feel your pain. My departed 320c never pointed 'naturally' for me. From the draw I'd constantly be low with it. I had a tough time compensating for its upright grip angle, something I didn't have nearly as much trouble with when shooting my P228 or P229s.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you couldn't get it right. Fortunately for me my P320 carry has been excellent from day one and has become one of my most accurate pistols. Still shoot my P220 better but like the size of my P320C.

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
For me, there was a slight learning curve with the P320. After at least 300 rounds, it started clicking for me.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
P320C 9MM was mindlessly easy for me to shoot - however random stinging finger with both types of trigger, odd size (needed L size grip for my medium sized hands - making this not so compact gun even less so), and overall size / weight killed it for me. Plus mine had the odd internal cuts for lightweight 9MM bullets.

Took me a month to adapt to Glock 19s, but they crushed the P320 on size, weight for capacity, and of course being legitimately drop safe from the start.

Glad I moved my P320C on before the recall thingy. Its just another ‘G19 killer’ that gotta hammy strain less than a lap into the race. It’ll survive on gubbiment contracts for sure, but I doubt it’ll see any long term time in large LEO holsters.

JMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I wish they wouldn't have made the X series with different mags. I didn't really buy them for the interchangeable aspect, but it still kind of sucks that you can't swap with .45, and now the X series mags are different so if you want that you need new base plates or have to swap those out.

Add in the cost of a kit, if you can find one, and honestly the whole interchangeable function is a really kind of worthless.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
My P320 FS .45 will stick around for something to shoot at the Range...

Sell it. Dump your losses and move forward. There's nothing special about any gun. There's no reason to hold onto something you can't shoot well.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
There's nothing special about any gun. There's no reason to hold onto something you can't shoot well.

Agreed. I find my P320 to be a tack driver, but there is no one gun for everyone.

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 29, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by bcjwriter:
My P320 FS .45 will stick around for something to shoot at the Range...

Sell it. Dump your losses and move forward. There's nothing special about any gun. There's no reason to hold onto something you can't shoot well.
I thought he was talking about his 320c in 9mm and not his 320 FS in 45.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Sometimes things just don’t work, better to accept and move on. I just sold my Glocks and went back to DA/SA. No shame in it.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
I'm like that with the Glock 17 and 34; I've spent hours and hours adjusting my grip, moving sights I can't shoot the damn things. But I shoot my 19's, 43 and 42 perfectly.

I finally came to the exact conclusion, there are some guns that just don't work for some people.

I've got a 320 Compact and FS, like them both, but I've circled back to my now limited collection of four Glocks that I shoot well. And I'm OK with that.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your problem with you 320c. I have a 320fs and the carry conversion should be here shortly and I hope it is as good as the fs. I recently picked up my first glock a M19 gen5 that feels good in my grip but haven't had a chance to get out with it yet.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weapons are tools, soulless pieces of metal and polymer - find some that work and dump those that don’t.

Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
You should give it one more shot with a P320 RX. Using an optic might help with your accuracy.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is one of those things that happen sometimes in our sport/hobby. Sometimes a purchase just doesn't work out. You also see this a lot with the "box of holsters," the ones that for whatever reason also didn't work out and, because they are often difficult to sell but you don't want to just throw them out, get put in a box. I've sold or traded a number of guns to get something else I liked better myself. I do like my own 320C.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
Sorry things have not worked out for you.

I bought my P320 9mm full size in September of this year. I the short time I have owned it, I have found it to be a competent pistol, accurate, reliable and points naturally for me.

It's not the best pistol I own, but it will be staying because it is a good gun.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the soulless thing.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I pulled the eject handle a while ago. I had FDE compacts in 9, 40 & 357.
I never felt like I had a good grip on the things, but my main gripe was this: during probably 90% of my reloads I would pinch the hide on my palm. After several blood blisters I decided to divest myself of them. I still have a plain full size 9mm because my son likes it.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SilverWolf
posted Hide Post
Sent our P320s to Bob Burke,"The SIG armorer". They are now tack drivers. 2 lb trigger, quick reset,Vortex Razor Red dot, "Awesome"! Big Grin

Posts: 2425 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Don't know about the soulless thing.
If any weapon has a soul, it isn't a Tupperware P320. Big Grin