SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question for Sig 238 owners
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Sig 238 owners Login/Join 
posted
Just made a significant purchase of S&B 380 hardball, and vaguely remember that some people had problems with hard primers in this particular ammo.
Anyone use this ammo; if so have you encountered any such problems?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I use the heck out of it when I can find it. Never an issue.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks glad to hear that

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I never had any problem with S&B, but I didn't shoot but a box or two through my P238.

I mainly use Fiocchi FMJ for practice and Fiocchi Xtrema JHP for SD.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6042 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Only .380 ammo I've ever had problems with in my P238 is Herter's... pure unadulterated crap!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot tons of 9mm and .40 S&B and those for sure have hard primers. I had a failure rate of about 1%. I actually liked that as it make it completely easy to simulate unanticipated failure drills...load a 100 rounds and somewhere in there you will get one that won't go off on the first strike. I don't have any personal experience on the .380 stuff but I would expect the same.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post