SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Apex Triggers for P320
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Apex Triggers for P320 Login/Join 
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
My son knew I was interested in the new Apex trigger and ordered a curved one for me yesterday. I'll let you know how it works out. I too do not own a pull gauge but can only tell by feel.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2400 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
I saw that new trigger video too. I'm curious if the trigger makes for a longer pull and if the reset is the same. Since I have small hands, I was also concerned on whether the trigger will sit further forward or not.

Does anyone think that the flat trigger sits further forward than the curved one as far as how you grip the gun and hold the trigger?

I have the same concerns with GRAYGUNS upgrade. I will be buying one or the other.

Hi! I can speak for our designs, since we originated them at great expense, and with great care for nuance and details.

Our PELT triggers are dimensioned to fit the great majority of FCU's optimally. That fit of axle to FCU is crucial to reliability, and to obtaining minimal possible pre-and-after travel. To get there, Grayguns holds our triggers to extremely close tolerances, at dimensions which fall within tbe high median range of factory tolerances for the surfaces and release points it must function in.

For that reason, about 3% of our customer's FCU's do not accept our standard trigger. For them,
we offer alternative/fit variants, backed by our dedicated CS Crew.

It would be easier and way cheaper to make a "small" trigger that fits every frame, but that necessarily comes at the expense of optimal trigger feel and net travel performance for a large percentage of our clients. Our experience and unparalleled knowledge of the P320 says a sloppy trigger won't work well enough, and certainly won't justify our lifetime guarantee.

The one thing that can't be imitated is that experience, which makes it all work the way we designed it to.

Thanks for letting me explain here.

-Bruce

This is the reason why both of my P320s use the GG PELT trigger!

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll give my impressions as I have had both Apex Triggers (original and the advanced) and the curved Gray Gun Pelt trigger. I own three M&Ps, to include the new M2.0. All have Apex triggers with FSS kits and are phenomenal! That said the new advanced flat Apex trigger did nothing for me. I could not tell much diffence from the first flat trigger to their advanced. It did bring back the felt sting, it added slop to the take up and nmade re-set just as bad. I took it out and replaced it with my factory trigger. The factory trigger in my hands is 100% better. The Gray Gun Pelt curved trigger did as advertised. Reduced the weight, zero take up and re-set short and crisp. It was so light, for me I had rounds going off early as I was used to the take up with the factory trigger. I need more trigger time with the Pelt, but I can highly recommend it. But, triggers I have found are very subjective, just my two cents.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roughneck6:
I'll give my impressions as I have had both Apex Triggers (original and the advanced) and the curved Gray Gun Pelt trigger. I own three M&Ps, to include the new M2.0. All have Apex triggers with FSS kits and are phenomenal! That said the new advanced flat Apex trigger did nothing for me. I could not tell much diffence from the first flat trigger to their advanced. It did bring back the felt sting, it added slop to the take up and nmade re-set just as bad. I took it out and replaced it with my factory trigger. The factory trigger in my hands is 100% better. The Gray Gun Pelt curved trigger did as advertised. Reduced the weight, zero take up and re-set short and crisp. It was so light, for me I had rounds going off early as I was used to the take up with the factory trigger. I need more trigger time with the Pelt, but I can highly recommend it. But, triggers I have found are very subjective, just my two cents.

Pretty much right on. My APEX advanced trigger came today and I put it in. It was a bit more difficult with the thumb safety, that is required in MA, being in the way.

I felt no difference to the factory trigger but I'll leave it in since it was such a bugger to work on.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2400 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I installed the flat Apex trigger today as well. The difference is imperceptable to me but I do like the flat surface. Trigger spring can be a bugger to reinstall indeed Wink

Posts: 13788 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Wonder if they copied the GRAYGUNS design?

Too much professional respect for this to happen. I actually saw Randy Lee and Bruce Gray having a conversation at Shot I smiled to myself knowing that they were talking shop. They have worked together in the past and are most likely friends so there's not going to be any design infringements.

Our enhanced-leverage concept is described in our patent application, and we were not consulted.

It is what it is.

-Bruce

I'm sorry to hear that. I always assume the best of people but there is a reason that I am such a fan of you and your company and it's not just products but character as well. It seems that everyone I meet associated with Graygun, OpSpec, and the former Team Sig are just good people.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot the Apex Curved Advanced Trigger for the first time tonight in IDPA. The trigger performed great.

Bottom line: I prefer it to both the stock and the Gray Guns triggers.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience is that Apex is necessary with M&P 1.0 pistols. Jury is slowly forming on the M&P 2.0. Need more information from users who make measurements.

I have shot IDPA with a very early P320C9 that Mr. Gray enhanced with a second, much-newer, P320C9 as back up. The second P320C9's trigger was just too stiff - as has been the case with each of the quantity of P320 that I have dry-fired - and was kept in my kit in case of failure of the early P320.

When the Gray kit (w/o the pin) was put into the newer P320 it became viable. Today I tested the two P320C9 pistols with somewhat downloaded 9mm ammo. Both are accurate and shoot close to point-of-aim. Recoil spring in the newer is still a bit stiff - not a surprise - and it has a preference for slightly warmer ammo. Living it with recoil spring in full compression. Cleaned with no surprises, but then found that both P320 have required trigger force of 4.8 pounds-force! BOTH

Have installed a few of the Gray triggers. One needed a bit of work on overtravel. Use of Gray trigger gets P320 trigger near what SIG says they are. A must have - in my opinion.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post