SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the forum consensus on the Ruger Mk IV?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the forum consensus on the Ruger Mk IV? Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Its a winner! Buy one if you can find one ( at a good price).

Posts: 13809 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Handled a 22/45 IV in the LGS this weekend and I liked it but as the others said, seems a bit pricy...if it got down to $350 - I'd buy two! As it is, I'm waiting for MK II/III 22/45s to start showing up for sale Smile

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got a MK IV Tactical and am impressed overall with the quality. The polymer frame seems way less cheesy than one I owned a few years back. The take down is stupid easy, as has been said.
The trigger is not so great, especially after shooting the hell out of a Victory the last few months. If it doesn't "break in" a lot, I'll be doing business with Volquartsen.
Also, does anyone know if Ruger puts the same trigger/hammer/sear parts in their target and competition models as they do in the 22/45 lineup, or do they put polished and better stuff in the targets?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she keeps "borrowing" your Buckmark, isn't that the one you should get her?
Better yet, take her for a range trip and see what she naturally prefers.

Posts: 85 | Location: Between Maryland and Virginia | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
The rugers are good to go. If you want a real keepsake, find her a beretta 87.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I handled the top-line sport model and it was sweet!
A little pricey though.

I will wait until the stainless target models are released and pick one up.

I don't see fluted barrels being of much use on a handgun.

Too bad the blued version is alloy and not steel like the previous models.

I'd consider sending to Turnbulls and have the frame case hardened.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been great, but a friend bought one that had constant failures to fire. All companies put out a few lemons, Ruger just seems to put out a bit more than most. Their customer service is great however.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post