SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who owns a Dan Wesson Vigil?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who owns a Dan Wesson Vigil? Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Anyone have one of these? I'm looking for one last Commander, all blued/black. Was considering the Valor but as my Colt Wiley Clapp is at the Colt Custom Shop getting a few bells and whistles, I don't want to go all 'high-end' on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arcwelder,

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Consider the Guardian as well.

Like the Vigil, it's an aluminum frame. And while it's a bit more than a Vigil, it's available cheaper than something like a Valor. You might be able to find a comparable price to a Vigil if you shop around. For example, I routinely see new Guardian Blems on Gunbroker for ~$1150.

The A2 is another Dan Wesson that's available at a lower price point. But unlike the Vigil or Guardian, it's all steel and doesn't come with night sights.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a DW 9mm Valkyrie, and have to say it is one of the best 1911's made. You will be happy with any DW you buy.....

Posts: 508 | Registered: December 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Look at twogunjay’s prices on Gunbroker, best I’ve seen for DW. He has creaming deals

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Look at twogunjay’s prices on Gunbroker, best I’ve seen for DW. He has creaming deals

Yep. Sometimes below cost.

He used to be a member here, but I haven't seen him active in a while.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I'm messing around with my iPhone.....I can't seem to search for "twogunjay" on Gun Broker.

And of course as soon as I post this and try again, I figure it out. Roll Eyes

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

tgj are good peeps. Have transacted here in the Classfieds with them many times.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a Dan Wesson Vigil Commander in 9mm over the weekend. It's an absolutely outstanding pistol. I haven't had it to the range yet, but the overall fit, finish, trigger are outstanding. The thumb safety is perfectly fitted and has a decisive snap on/off. I highly recommend Dan Wesson.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Consider the Guardian as well.

Like the Vigil, it's an aluminum frame. And while it's a bit more than a Vigil, it's available cheaper than something like a Valor. You might be able to find a comparable price to a Vigil if you shop around. For example, I routinely see new Guardian Blems on Gunbroker for ~$1150.

The A2 is another Dan Wesson that's available at a lower price point. But unlike the Vigil or Guardian, it's all steel and doesn't come with night sights.

Loved my Guardian, excellent pistol.
+1 on the blem if you can find one. I picked up a Bruin in 45 last month with minor bluing issues for a deal.
Any Dan Wesson is a treat. Good luck.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Valor from him. In the mail as we speak. Just under 1300. That includes the non cash hit I took because I’m too lazy to get a bank check.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Please be more specific in your thread title besides naming the model of weapon. Let people know why they are clicking on the thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
My Guardian is as well made as the many Valors I've disassembled. The weight difference is definitely noticeable for me over a steel frame. Doing it again I might get it in 9mm, but not enough to warrant spending the money to swap now.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure the vigil is the replacement for the guardian

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I adjusted your thread title for you. Try to be more specific in the future please.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post