SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 Legion RX vs P226 RX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Legion RX vs P226 RX Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
If I plan to change out the trigger to a flat Grayguns trigger and a set of Nill grips anyway, are the features on the P226 Legion RX worth the extra money over a standard P226 RX?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
The question is are the features worth it to YOU. IMO they are worth it. The trigger guard undercut and checkering alone are worth it to me. The non-obnoxious Legion beavertail is a bonus.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I just picked this up from a friend. He got bored and wanted something else and I had been wanting one of the P226 Legion SAO . The bonus is he sent this one out to be machined for Trijicon RMR. Hope to shoot it some today. I really like the Legion series and all the little extra features. This one feels great in the hand.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I personally prefer the round trigger over the flat, I never understood flat triggers on DA capable guns>

I had a P226R Elite RX SAO. I loved the gun but the Romeo 1 sight is lacking, mostly in durability so I sold the whole gun. FYI, I find the SAO triggers on the standard SAO guns to be identical to the Legion SAO triggers, so no "Legion" value there.

That being said, I actually prefer the P226 Elite RX SAO over the P226 Legion RX SAO because I honestly believe the Nitron finish on the regular SIG line is a better finish then the PVD finish on the Legions.

I do have one Legion, but only because I found it used for about the same price as a standard SIG so I felt I could own it, give it an honest and lengthy trial to compare with my other SIGs. My Legion is a P229 DA/SA 9mm, I also have a standard P229R in 9mm.

Comparison between the two, Triggers feel equal other than the Legion having a shorter reset. I find the "Short Reset" to be WAY overrated and I don't care for one over the other at all. Sights, equal, having shot both I don't have a preference of the Siglite or X-Ray night sights. If they were both typical contrast sights then I do prefer the old Von Stavenhagen bar/dot sights over the current 3 dot. Grips, the Legion grips are the best P229 grips I've tried to date, I have replaced the E2 grips on my P229R with Hogue G10 and I like them almost as much as the Legion grips. Incidentals, I do like the frame undercut and additional checkering on the frame of the Legion. That is actually and upgrade that I appreciate.

I still would not spend the money for a Legion over a standard SIG model unless the Legion fell in my lap like the one I have did.

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Robert Burke "superstrut" for my new to me P226 Legion. This is a worthy modification. I changed it out today and got an improved trigger feel (much smoother feel) and dropped the pull weight by about 6-8 ounces. Can't wait to shoot some more rounds. Again a good modification.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2765 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post