SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most Shootable Pistol You Own
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Shootable Pistol You Own Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hands down I am most proficient with my P226 SSE 357 Sig w/Sig custom trigger job.

Close second is a tie between:
Dan Wesson ECO 9mm
P220 38 Super American (trigger not as good as the P226)

Any of these three will get the job done.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An STI Ranger II in 9mm.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
S&W model 19-5 with cowboy action loads Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
This one.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I've always thought that my P229 SAS gen 2 fits my hand perfectly and just feels right. It's a great shooter.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although it doesn’t feel best in my hand, I group the best with a Beretta 92.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In an auto pistol, I've always done better with a 1911...both for slow fire and at speed. Specifically, Sigs 1911 RCS .45 ACP...and an ancient Colt 1911A1 Gold Cup.

In a revolver, it's a Smith M19 or M66 with a 4" bbl. Grips make a difference here and those Hogue finger groove ones are the ticket. The grips are undeniably Fugly, but for SA or DA shooting, they're the best for me. Rod

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodfac,

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Toss up between my S&W 41 and my Python with my Gen 1 17 coming in hot on their heels. All three had many, many rounds through them before they came to me, so they’re as worn-in and mechanically smooth as one would want. Not collector museum pieces, but legit shooters, and boy do they shoot.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The P220-10mm is the most accurate pistol I've ever owned. Consistently so, with hand loads or full power Underwood. The weight and balance of the gun tames the Underwood ammo very nicely.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
My glock 19 is great. Love all my Sig 220's, 226's, and 229.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P225 followed by a Browning HP.

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to beat the HK P7 series.

Posts: 12435 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta LTT Elite.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Amazingly enough a Smith model 28 Highway Patrolman. I have owned (and own) lots of different pistols, mostly automatics. I have been shooting automatics since I was ten years old. Then about 10 years ago I got a 4" M28 and went to the range with a friend of mine out in 29. Six 158gr SWC loaded into my first cylinder. All fired double action. All went into a cloverleaf at 10 yards. I literally looked at the pistol, looked at the target, and looked at my buddy. He said "well I think you have found your gun".

I shoot that gun better than ANYTHING I own, revolver, auto, whatever. Whether it's loaded with 38's or 357's it does not matter.

Channeling my own inner General Patton, that's my "killing gun" Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have to say it would be the Archon Type B for my striker fired pistol...and My CZ Accu Shadow for my DA/SA...

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the 1911 for me. Full-size, steel frame.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knife Farmer
Picture of dozer
posted Hide Post
this one is amazingly easy to shoot well. second in accuracy, as well. only my Sig Scorpion 1911 is more accurate.

dozer

"She's got a cherry-handled pistol in her lollipop pocket." Five Horse Johnson

Posts: 3515 | Location: fayette,al | Registered: April 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228 followed by my HK45.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 104RFAST:
S&W 39-2 followed by M&P 2.0 9mm

That 39-2 is a dandy one,do you have any extra mags you might sell ?

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Springfield 1911 TRP.

Posts: 379 | Location: Shenandoah Valley - VA | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post