SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most Shootable Pistol You Own
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Shootable Pistol You Own Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am the same. I an't warm up to my 228 either. Not sure why. CZ ? maybe

I keep trying to identify mine. P30 probably at the moment

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I can get the best grouping with my 1994 P229 357 SIG.
It has a GrayGuns RRCDP job done to it. I rarely shoot it, but I can achieve very good results and can only imagine what I can do if it was my dedicated carry gun that I would shoot often.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Browning Buckmark

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, for EDC either my H&K P2000 or P30sk.

For target my Sig Stainless Super Target 1911. I have had better shooters than me compare this to their Les Baer and Wilson favorably.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

I have tried sooo hard to love the 228 like everyone else does, but it simply doesn’t work... for some inexplicable reason! I must be weird... Razz

Yep! Wink

Could just be a balance thing. The folded slide on the P228 does make it balance slightly differently than the P229.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
My Sig P226 in 40 S&W for range & home protection and my P228 for concealed carry.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Too hard to narrow down to one for me but my Gen 2 Glock 19, HK P30L, HK VP9, and SIG P226 are all excellent shooters for me.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
now i do really like my 2 new sigs-p365 and p320x compact but the best shooter I have is my worked on STI edge in .40 that I shoot in limited in USPSA

Posts: 31 | Location: grove city ohio | Registered: August 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
S&W CS9. Accurate out of all proportion to its size and the one gun I can shoot from the hip and keep all the hits in the 9 ring at 7 yards. Every time. Great little pistol. Regards 18DAI

Love my CS9 as much as any of my Sigs. Been carrying mine ever since I installed my new grips. Very,very accurate.

Trooper Joe

Posts: 414 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
The two pistols I own that I seen to shoot best are an old Colt .45 1991 Government Model that I have owned for years and my SIG P226 Legion.

I also have a Ruger MK II that I shoot very well with. When I go to shoot and have fun, that is the pistol I nearly always take with me.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hands down, my G26. I know it's a subcompact, but the dang thing is like I'm pointing my finger at the target, telling the boolits where they should go! Love that little guy!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Les Baer Premier 2 and a CZ Shadow 2.

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger KMK512 w/PRIMO Trigger Job by Jim Stroh

S&W Model 17-6 Six-inch w/Full Lug Barrel & a great Action Job by Lou Ciamillo

S&W Model 686 Plus w/Five-inch Half-Lug Barrel & Randy Lee Action Job

S&W Model 686 Plus Four-incher w/a decent "Kitchen Table" Action Job by yours truly

S&W Model 686-2 Six-incher w/Action Job by Lou Ciamillo & Millett Rear Sight

S&W Model 586-0 Six-incher w/ a pretty decent "Kitchen Table" Action Job by yours truly...And they ALL make me look like like a much better shot than I am!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mikey357,

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P228, for sure... all day long!!!!

Here there is no failure, only varied degrees of success!

Posts: 884 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: August 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my 3 are tied for first. wg 226, Wilson cqb and hk usp 45

Posts: 14 | Location: Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
While I shoot all of my defensive pistols fairly well, my CZ Shadow 2 is the range favorite.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W MP 2.0 Compact 9mm followed by Sig P-228,Sig P-225,Sig P-226

Posts: 51 | Registered: November 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
Overall, I'd say my P226. However, pound for pound, my Glock 26 always surprises me by how well it hangs with much bigger guns on the range.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
1911 Bullseye guns in 45.
Colt Officers Model Match in 38 Spcl.
Or High Standard Bullseye guns in 22.

All capable of cleans at 50 yards

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
If you mean forum topic related. My 228 from mid 90s will easily do 9 ring, maybe 10 ring at 25 yards offhand

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post