SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most Shootable Pistol You Own
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Shootable Pistol You Own Login/Join 
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted
So what is the most shootable pistol you own? Meaning, what firearms you always shoot well with. While I have a few pistol compared to the vast vaults of some of you I find some I shoot well and others I can't hit a dinner plate with. I think a lot of that has to do with some of the grip sizes and feel of the firearms rather than the craftsmanship of the firearm. A Glock 43 I bought a few years ago I am lucky to hit an 8" plate while I can drill it all day long with my G19. Beretta's I have found them a joy to shoot, almost effortlessly and the CZ 75 and HK's newest generation fit my hand like a glove. My favorite guns to shoot are still all steel pistols and revolvers.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I agree ergonomics is important. One of my most shootable handguns is my Swiss P210.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 228 followed by my 226

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GP-100

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Sig P-229 and then P-239. I think I shoot the 229 better because I have had it much longer and have shot it a lot more.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced, without question.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
S&W CS9. Accurate out of all proportion to its size and the one gun I can shoot from the hip and keep all the hits in the 9 ring at 7 yards. Every time. Great little pistol. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
WC Brig Tac

Glock 41

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Akai Custom 2011

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always done my best shooting with my Beretta 92FS.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Probably my CZ75 SP-01. You really have to go out of your way to shoot one poorly.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock 17 Gen 4

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really like my P220 in my XXL hands.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Smith and Wesson Model 52 with the extended Bomar Rib

6" Coly Python with the optional Eliason sights

5" Smith and Wesson Model 845

6" SIG P226 X-6s. I prefer the Black and White but they both shoot great

All of these are one ragged hole guns.

The indoor range that I shoot at is limited to 25 feet on their large range where the public usually shoots and 10 yards on their other side, so most groups look pretty good at those short ranges, but these perform equally well at the longer outdoor ranges

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Colt them be pretty,the only thing I shoot well these days is an old 629, hundreds yards ,two fisted and shooting clay birds on bank.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
For accuracy I would have to say my Les Baer wadcutter with an Ulta dot, followed closely by a Colt NMGC.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Beretta 92. It's like shooting a .22

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
My 1911s.

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CZ 75 IPSC - The trigger pull (or lack thereof) was great for my shaking hands and tendency to jerk the trigger or flinch. After that, P226 Elite stainless and, for short point shooting, CZ-75BD.

Posts: 463 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
The pistol I consistently shoot the best is my Beretta 92 Elite LTT. For a long time it was my HK USP 9mm Expert but the Beretta has now taken over.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post