SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Most Shootable Pistol You Own
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most Shootable Pistol You Own Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Shot the VP9 (9mm, full size) at the range today but used the new (40) recoil spring. It is noticeably stiffer than the OG spring (9mm, red one) and made the gun even MORE shootable for me. Group tightened, recoil was more "roll-y, push-y" (neither here nor there), but wow. This may be my most shootable pistol (even though it has a "combat" sight picture inside of 7 yards or so).

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cwelch
posted Hide Post
1911 and BHP about equal.

Posts: 268 | Location: Conyers, Ga. | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auto - Sig/Hammerli P210-5LS
Revolver - Manurhin Match .38
.22 - Hammerli 208
Favorite Fun Gun- Hege 1858 New Army .44 blackpowder

Posts: 13 | Registered: February 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Friend
posted Hide Post
It's a tie - 6 inch Python and a Series 70 Gov't Model with the collet bushing. Both stock

Posts: 76 | Registered: March 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't go wrong with my Sig 226 1994 with the classic grips. I shoot IPSC with it and just can't miss.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
HK VP9 for me. The VP series and P30 series fit my hand perfectly.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Smith and Wesson Model 52 with the extended Bomar Rib

6" Coly Python with the optional Eliason sights

5" Smith and Wesson Model 845

6" SIG P226 X-6s. I prefer the Black and White but they both shoot great

All of these are one ragged hole guns.

The indoor range that I shoot at is limited to 25 feet on their large range where the public usually shoots and 10 yards on their other side, so most groups look pretty good at those short ranges, but these perform equally well at the longer outdoor ranges

I like your tastes!

For me, it would have to be my S&W Model 52 as well (shown here with my 952-2, which ain't no slouch, either!):

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm still workin' on it

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG 226

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My Colt Trooper MKV 6".

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kimber Ultra CDP II and Sig P229

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
P220, but my P320 is gaining ground.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love shooting revolvers - in particular a 686 and a GP100. I hate cleaning them compared to a semi-auto. If I include cleaning as part of the overall equation, then I like my 226 and 229 the best. They both have SRTs in them and I have 3 decades of experience on the P series platform.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My CGW equipped CZ P01 is my sweetest shooter (currently).
Balance, trigger, ergonomics, recoil, sights...it checks every box.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I've posted this before in answer to similar questions... without question, my German Sig P210 Super Target. Damn thing practically shoots itself.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It use to be a Colt 6" blued Python. Could hit anything and everything with it. I really miss it. Frown

Now it's a toss up between my Beretta 92F, Glock 19, Sig P226(Older Model), & Smith 586 4".

It all depends on what mood they are in. Big Grin

"Never apologize, it's a sign of weakness"

Posts: 99 | Location: IL | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I love shooting my STI Edge in 40.

But I shoot well with most of my pistols, excepting my wifes tiny S&W Bodyguard , she has a little Taurus in 380 also. I think it’s the long trigger pull and the tiny grip

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P6 that I sent to the factory. What fun it is:a heavy spring that will pop the hardest primers, enough barrel to get ammo to get up to speed, enough grip to handle recoil well. It is box stock.

Posts: 65 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Full size P series and full size 1911s

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting topic!! I would have to say it would be a draw between either of my WC Berettas, a Brig Tac & a Cen Tac, both with the action tune, and my P226SAO RX. Probably the SIG has a very slight edge because of the ROMEO1. Would have replaced the WCs with my Langdon LTT because of the frame enhancements and the incredibly smooth trigger, but the trigger breaks too close to the frame for my beat up hands.

Another interesting topic would be 'what is your least shootable pistol'. I couldn't shoot my SIG SP2022 to save my life, again because of how close to the frame the trigger breaks! A close 2nd would be my P320 X-VTAC. For some reason (sights??) it shoots low for me unless I really pay attention to the sights.

Posts: 2550 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post