SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Poll: Which Hammer Spring?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poll: Which Hammer Spring? Login/Join 
posted
interested in hammer spring weights;

Question:
Which hammer spring do you use in your Sig P Series?

Choices:
17 lb
18 lb
19 lb
Factory

Posts: 232 | Registered: April 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It varies. All of my SIGs are range guns, so I tend to use the lightest mainspring that gives reliable ignition. I have used 17 lb. in some guns, yet have had trouble with 17 in another.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#19 for me, much netter trigger and still reliable ignition. P6, and 226, both carry guns.

Id try a #17 in a range only or competition gun.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started with #17 springs in my P-6s, but experienced an occasional light primer strike. I replaced them with a #18 in one, and a #19 in the other. Problem solved.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I'm running a Wolff 19# spring in my P228 - mainly because I updated the hammer strut & mainspring assembly which required a replacement spring. I have had zero issues with ignition. All of my other P-Series pistols wear the factory spring.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post