SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    daewoo handgun dp51c
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

daewoo handgun dp51c Login/Join 
posted
need opinion good or bad-
also used pistol price on this model
thanks

Posts: 73 | Location: Raymondville south texas | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Reports in print and on the internet I have read (to be taken with a grain of salt) generally indicate it is a reliable (i.e., feeds, fires and ejects without issues) gun, but has accuracy problems having to do with the way the rifling is made. I have actual experience working on Daewoo-built cars - total steaming turds. Granted, a gun is much less complex machine than a car, but I'm permanently soured on anything Daewoo.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's no longer available in the US as far as I know. Parts will be scarce. If you're looking for a similar size and capacity handgun that is low priced but very high quality, I can recommend the EAA Witness/SAR BP line. In plastic they go for 250 or less new, in steel a hundred bucks more. They take CZ mags, which are inexpensive. I picked up a purple SAR compact for about 220 last year, it's a great truck gun when I don't want to carry a custom CZ.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't it now the Lionheart?

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
As I recall - accuracy and the over complicated lock works killed it here.

A curiosity only for most now.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of winter_war
posted Hide Post
I bought a Daewoo DP51 right around the time they were first introduced over here. I think I paid $300 for it at the time. They will take S&W 59 series magazines and it has that unusual Tri-Action trigger system.

It's more of a novelty for me now, but it's not a bad little gun. Accuracy is decent and it runs well.

They are sold under Lionheart name these days and I've seen them quite a bit at gun shows recently.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have owned one for several years. I like it although for me it was more of novelty. I have not shot it in a long time and not very much. When I did shoot it I never had any problems with it and it was relatively accurate. Not sure about repair parts if needed.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
all I can say is I think they quit making track hoes!! those are called doosans now.

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned one as my very first pistol! For what I paid for it, it was not bad. I did have to replace a couple of springs, and they were hard to acquire even then. The takedown process was not elegant at all. After locking the slide back, a pin had to be manually pushed out to disengage the slide.

As already mentioned, one of the peculiarities of this pistol was its so-called "triple action" or Tri-Action. In addition to being double action or single action, the hammer can be manually pressed forward. This left the hammer down with the hammer spring under tension; the pistol could then be fired from hammer-down with a single action trigger weight.

I never had any misfire or feed problems with it.

Posts: 324 | Location: Columbus OH | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post