SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 reassembly - trigger not re-setting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 reassembly - trigger not re-setting Login/Join 
posted
Okay I am sure I am not the only person that has had this problem.

The vids I have watched on youtube have not helped.

Basically - when I move the takedown lever perpendicular it trips something in the FCU that is preventing me from inserting a mag / and reassembling. When the takedown lever is parallel (normal operating position) and I lift up on the slide stop - I can 'pop' that metal piece into normal position.

But then when I put the takedown lever perpendicular (to reassemble it) it activates that metal piece again and I am back to square one. The manual offers no help.

Like I said I watched a couple videos but they haven't helped. Any suggestions?

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Did you use the slide stop to lock the slide to the rear when reassembling it? The tab is normal it's there to prevent you from inserting a mag until reassembly is complete.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to work now. Thanks.

Not sure what exactly I did.

Strange beast this 320. I will say its very tight - the takedown lever was a total bitch to maneuver into position.

Need to go shoot it a bunch. Big Grin

------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/8070084324

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep what he said. With takedown lever in down (takedown) position you can't insert mag by design.

It loosens after a few cycles.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the compact and subs, the guide rod flats must be vertical for proper reassembly. Mine was slightly off center and it gave me fits for a while.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gents - it wasn't exactly intuitive and I was frustrated that the Manual didn't offer more detailed instruction.

I have watched a couple more vids and there are definitely a few peculiarities. Mine was made in 2016 if that matters. It does the 'double click' sometimes...

I guess in comparison I would call the Glock more 'idiot-proof'.

-----------------------------

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Just don't forget to put the TDL back in the frame and put the slide on without it.

TOTAL PITA. The FCU attaches to the slide and it's a joy to remove...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep what he said. With takedown lever in down (takedown) position you can't insert mag by design.

That is a good thing. Many years ago I shot a Beretta 70 upper 20ft down range.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
I guess in comparison I would call the Glock more 'idiot-proof'.

The whole idea of the extra mechanical safety features of the P320 is to help prevent the major idiot move of shooting oneself (or others) with the gun while disassembling it for maintenance. That’s something that has happened with distressing frequency with the most popular plastic frame handgun. I’m sure that’s an important selling point for the P320 when SIG reps can say, “See, you don’t have to pull the trigger to take the gun apart, and it’s not even possible to insert a magazine when it’s disassembled.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post