SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    question on sig pro range trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question on sig pro range trip Login/Join 
posted
guys question for the group. Went to the range today with my new 2022. I changed the plastic guide rod out for a captured spring rod at 20lbs. I was shooting various FMJ and HP rounds but when I loaded up 147 grain non +P HSTs, I would get double feeds about 2 rounds in. Thinking I should run the factory 17lb spring because I assume the 20lb spring is too much for 147 grain HSTs? Thoughts thanks as always Officer Dave

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What made you want to change the spring to begin with?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have found that generally, especially with pistols, that when folks ask about issues my first question is “what did you dick with?” Glock owners are notorious for taking a legendary reliable pistol and finding ways to break it.

So what did you dick with and why?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always change out the plastic guide rod. But ordered the wrong spring rate . Don't intend to do anything else to the 2022. She runs fine out of the box.

Posts: 305 | Location: Chicagoland  | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First diagnostic step undo what you f**** up

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep going back to factory spring and leave it alone.

E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
With a replacement steel guide rod and the factory recoil spring your SP2022 should run fine.

Good luck!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I usually only mess with spring weights on pistols when I can see in slo-mo video a noticeable dip as the gun is coming back into battery. Of the half dozen or so 9mm SP2022s I've filmed, none dip with the factory spring. I agree that the guide rod is less than what could be desired, but run a factory weight spring. The gun balances nicely and is not over sprung.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post