SIGforum
question on sig pro range trip

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6900025544

August 08, 2018, 09:21 PM
officerdave
question on sig pro range trip
guys question for the group. Went to the range today with my new 2022. I changed the plastic guide rod out for a captured spring rod at 20lbs. I was shooting various FMJ and HP rounds but when I loaded up 147 grain non +P HSTs, I would get double feeds about 2 rounds in. Thinking I should run the factory 17lb spring because I assume the 20lb spring is too much for 147 grain HSTs? Thoughts thanks as always Officer Dave
August 08, 2018, 09:47 PM
BuddyChryst
What made you want to change the spring to begin with?

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy
August 08, 2018, 09:50 PM
cslinger
I have found that generally, especially with pistols, that when folks ask about issues my first question is “what did you dick with?” Glock owners are notorious for taking a legendary reliable pistol and finding ways to break it.

So what did you dick with and why?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
August 08, 2018, 10:11 PM
officerdave
I always change out the plastic guide rod. But ordered the wrong spring rate . Don't intend to do anything else to the 2022. She runs fine out of the box.
August 08, 2018, 10:36 PM
hrcjon
First diagnostic step undo what you f**** up

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
August 08, 2018, 11:03 PM
officerdave
yep going back to factory spring and leave it alone.
August 09, 2018, 03:43 PM
JRC
With a replacement steel guide rod and the factory recoil spring your SP2022 should run fine.

Good luck!
August 09, 2018, 05:57 PM
jljones
I usually only mess with spring weights on pistols when I can see in slo-mo video a noticeable dip as the gun is coming back into battery. Of the half dozen or so 9mm SP2022s I've filmed, none dip with the factory spring. I agree that the guide rod is less than what could be desired, but run a factory weight spring. The gun balances nicely and is not over sprung.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"