SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Switched my Carry Pistol from my Sig P365
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Switched my Carry Pistol from my Sig P365 Login/Join 
posted
I can't give a real good answer except that the G19 just "feels" better in my hand. The trigger in the Sig at 4.5 pounds is a pound lighter than the G19. At the range I actually shoot the Sig a little better bc of the trigger. But a heavier trigger allows me to put pressure on it as soon as I extend it toward the bad guy. So (for me) its a better tactical pistol.

Really the size and weight difference is not a whole lot and I have a Kydex holster for each. The other thing is I bought a G44 which is identical in size and trigger pull to the G19.

We'll see how it goes. If I continue to carry and train with the G19 IO might just sell the Sig and get a spare G19.

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
All that matters is your preference. For what it’s worth, I personally consider the G19 to be more reliable. But that’s me Smile

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A G19 is very hard to argue with as a practical choice for carry.

Of course, it's hard to argue with a P365 in your pocket, as well as the G19 on your waistband.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can’t argue with you preferring the G19 for carry. It’s a great choice. Saying the size difference isn’t much is a bit on the crazy side though. Lol. It’s smaller, noticeably so, in every dimension. I suppose height is the closest at half an inch or so different but it’s definitely thinner and well over an inch shorter.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
It is all about finding what best works for you..
I'd EDC a Glock over a Sig any day..

I never considered a P365 a 'pocket carry' gun.
Some of you guys must have some pretty big pockets.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The G19 is one of the world's great handguns. It is immensely popular for good reasons.

If you can conceal it and shoot it well it is a great choice.

There is nothing wrong at all with the choice you've made. You've made a wise decision going with the gun you are most comfortable.

For me personally, a gun the size of a G19 is distinctly easier to shoot well and manipulate than a gun the size of a P365.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yep, I like my Glock 23 too.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too own a micro-compact which I shoot well and have no issues with however I actually prefer my G19s-34. I can get away with a comped G34 IWB so I've taken to rolling that out of late. The mini-guns have their place but performance-wise I find I still prefer the larger size for actual usage.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I did the same ahead of the election last year as civil unrest was unfolding across this country. I will still carry the P365 but have trained more extensively on Glock triggers. I can run the Glock faster, more accurately, and handle reloads faster. With ammunition in short supply or at least my willingness to expend as much as I would normally, I have been practicing drawing, presenting, and dry firing with an RMR equipped Glock. I am seeing huge gains under iron sights with both speed and accuracy while live fire training.

Posts: 2956 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I just started carrying mine in a Milt Sparks Criterion. Absolutely makes it disappear and very comfortable.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not say that G19 will be any more reliable than the Sig..I have had 5 Glocks in all. 4 out of those had initial issues with stove pipes. No its not limp wrist bc these initial problems worked themselves out....except for the G26. I got rid of it. My 42 stove piped for 100+ rounds. But after that..6000 rounds with no issues. My G43 was dead reliable out of the shoot and also got thousands of rounds with not one issue.

Glock fanboys will all tell you they have never had an issue. Maybe so. Maybe its just me Roll Eyes. Now my sig has been 100% reliable. I would never question Glocks reliability over it. BTW I can limp wrist the sig and now my G19 that its broken in.

And size difference is not an issue. I carry OWB. The G19 is .1 inch fatter and the length and height is not an issue bc the barrel is no lower with respect to my belt.

Again I am certainly not bashing the Sig. Its a fabulous gun. BTW I am selling it to a friend for 500 OTD with a Kydex holster. So it was worth the 100 bucks to own the gun (to me). I also enjoy this forum!!!

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The one time I shot one it jammed continuously until the owner showed me I was limpwristing.....

have never been able to make a Ruger P95 or a Sig P239 or 226 do that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t doubt the veracity of your experience in the slightest. I do however believe that low powered cheap ammo that we all love to shoot could be at fault. As the guns broke in, even the weak sauce works with no issue. Not a fanboy but I do love my Glocks. Other than some BTF I haven’t had any malfunctions that I could not attribute to mags or ammo very easily.

Just a possibility. 80% of your guns having the same malfunction is more likely attributable to something like I suggested rather than the chance that you just are a Glock problem gun magnet. That defies the odds a bit.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to carry what feels best for you, no matter what it is. You can't go wrong with a Glock as it is a proven performer. For me, my P365 fits me perfectly for ccw and am amazed at it's ergonomics. My biggest problem now is wanting to get an XL grip module for it but the cost of extra mags is killing me, even prior to all the nonsense we are in now.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G19 is always what I recommend to new shooters, just a fantastic all-around choice, from carry to home defense to SOCOM combat use!

Then once you get into guns, Glock has you covered with any size and caliber you want all with the same grip angle, trigger and controls.

I just ordered a P365 from the mil/le program for a smaller carry option. Im way too used to non Glock grip angles to want to switch.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adc:
But a heavier trigger allows me to put pressure on it as soon as I extend it toward the bad guy. So (for me) its a better tactical pistol.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that whole post is eye rolling. I pulled out a G19 to put next to a 365 to contemplate the “ Really the size and weight difference is not a whole lot” statement and I had to scratch my head. The G19 and full-size 17 are closer together in size than a G19 and a 365. I’m surprised no one else called ridiculous bs on that statement. I don’t consider the 365 a pocket gun, yet technically I can put it in my pockets. The G19? Umm, nope. Not even close. I also think if your 365 trigger is 4.5 lbs it is on the very light side of stock. None of the ones I’ve handled were that light nor is the one I own.

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well that whole post is eye rolling. I pulled out a G19 to put next to a 365 to contemplate the “ Really the size and weight difference is not a whole lot” statement and I had to scratch my head. The G19 and full-size 17 are closer together in size than a G19 and a 365. I’m surprised no one else called ridiculous bs on that statement. I don’t consider the 365 a pocket gun, yet technically I can put it in my pockets. The G19? Umm, nope. Not even close. I also think if your 365 trigger is 4.5 lbs it is on the very light side of stock. None of the ones I’ve handled were that light nor is the one I own.

Yeah, but as stupid as that is, it's not going to get someone killed.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it’s a better tactical pistol! lol

Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
I've gone away from these real small handguns for daily carry. The G19 is hard to beat but my goldie locks gun is the SW MP 2.0 3.6. But I "get" it.

Feels and shoots like it was custom made for me.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post