SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Palmetto State Armory - Your experiences. please!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory - Your experiences. please! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I believe I have gotten good quality from them at low price. Shipping can be slow. Also if shipping is not free it tends to be high in price. Overall I like them and will buy again.

davemercer

Posts: 936 | Location: NE USA | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
A number of guys here at our shop have been shopping PSA a lot recently. Most orders actually have been quite fast in delivering the good (typically shipped to our store). A couple stretched out a few weeks; in both cases I believe PSA actually "ran out" of the purchased item, did the Botach thing and went incognito and didn't notify, then shipped when they finally got the inventory back in.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
PSA is the new Botach.

Botach is like TGS or the old Brownells now. Good to freaking go.

You post in the AR15.com thread when you want to know where your order is. Ridiculous. It's basically the ONLY way to get an order update from them.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
PSA is the new Botach.
No way, not even close. To say that's an unfair comparison is the understatement of the year. The people at PSA are very nice, and they're actually from the United States and don't have an ethos of shady behavior. I guess it's a cultural thing with Botach. PSA is in no way, shape or form sleazy, and that alone puts them light years away from disgusting Botach.

I wouldn't trust Botach with one single dime of my money, and I mean that, most sincerely. Oh, they've "changed"? Yeah, that's horse shit. A gigantic steaming pile. They have a God-awful reputation, and well-deserved from what I've seen over the years.

PSA? I'll place an order with them today if they have something I need and it's decently priced.
quote:
You have got to be kidding me. For you to compare disgusting, sleazy Botach to Top Gun Supply? Trust me when I say it is to your benefit to stow that shit. Ridiculous.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
I've bought a lot of their AR15-related stuff, lowers and uppers. Never a problem, very happy with the quality even when buying their "blems". And I've never found even a cosmetic flaw in what they consider a "blem".

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have only had one dealing with PSA so take my single data point for what it's worth, basically not much on its own.

Ordered from them once.
Very very slow shipping
Got wrong product
Took forever to get a person to talk to about return
Person was incredibly rude, put out to have to take back WRONG PRODUCT
opted for refund instead due to rude customer service
Eventually got refund......sent by pony express.

Now hey it was one person that may have been on a crappy day of their life but it left an impression on me so I will not use PSA.

That being said what most folks say is probably the norm.
Great prices, great products, delivery by 1800s mule train. So if you are not in a rush they are probably good to go.

Conversely Top Gun Supply has provided me STELLAR customer service even on those occasions that I did not spend money with them and have been damn near psychic when I have ordered and still provided first rate service. I have used them a lot and this is my consistent result. For this reason I have bought from them even when they aren't the lowest price in town. I want to support business with a great customer service ethos since that seems so rare these days.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
PSA is the new Botach.
No way, not even close. To say that's an unfair comparison is the understatement of the year. The people at PSA are very nice, and they're actually from the United States and don't have an ethos of shady behavior. I guess it's a cultural thing with Botach. PSA is in no way, shape or form sleazy, and that alone puts them light years away from disgusting Botach.

I wouldn't trust Botach with one single dime of my money, and I mean that, most sincerely. Oh, they've "changed"? Yeah, that's horse shit. A gigantic steaming pile. They have a God-awful reputation, and well-deserved from what I've seen over the years.

PSA? I'll place an order with them today if they have something I need and it's decently priced.
quote:
You have got to be kidding me. For you to compare disgusting, sleazy Botach to Top Gun Supply? Trust me when I say it is to your benefit to stow that shit. Ridiculous.

I've had perhaps 30 orders with Botach and a similar amount with PSA, during the past 10 years. I got every single order from Botach in 2 to 3 days, cross country from CA to FL. I've never had to contact them to see how sleazy they are as they just reliably ship my order, and do so quickly.

Service I have received from PSA has ranged from fantastic to absolutely awful, with everything inbetween.

I'm just one person, and my experience with Botach been great. I guess I'm just lucky.

I'll look more in the slimeball aspect. I knew they had customer service issues 10 years ago, but haven't heard of any recent problems.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize that bad reputations had expiration dates.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
I have had positive experiences with PSA. Never an issue, but I had the expectation for slow shipping before I placed my orders.

Top Gun Supply is simply one of the best suppliers I have ever done business with, regardless of industry.

Brownells has provided very good service to me.

Cabelas & Optics Planet on the other hand have been very hit or miss. Both have sold me products, charged my card, and then I discover that half of my order has been backordered with an indefinite delivery date. That is total bull. I only order through Cabelas because I have a lot of gift cards.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
I've bought one dissy upper, various LPKs and bolts, and two "build kits" from PSA. Shipping slow, products good. One build kit came without the LPK, stock etc. (they just shipped the upper). I emailed them and they replied the next day, said let us know the packing number on the upper (I saved the box) so they could sort it out (they also said they'd be happy to help fix the problem even if I didn't have the number) and they shipped out the missing parts in a few days. No worries.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't the Feds indict some of the Botach folks awhile back?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
As far as PSA, no issues on my end.
I have bought blem parts from them where the (supposed) blem came off with a light rubbing with Hoppes #9.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Didn't the Feds indict some of the Botach folks awhile back?

Not certain but the movie War Dogs was about the nephew.
Supposedly, Botach set up a shell company for the (slimebag) kid.

quote:
bubbatime wrote: Botach is like TGS or the old Brownells now. Good to freaking go.

As for comparing Botach to Top Gun supply, what alternate universe do you live in?

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
I ordered my two-tone P238 from them a few years ago. The price was incredible ($419), but they were very slow to ship. Once it was shipped, it arrived the next day and all was good. It was definitely worth the wait.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
PSA is good to go. Great prices, a good selection of products. Shipping can be a little slow sometimes. But their killer deals more than make up for that.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
I have only made four orders from them. One was for 2 AR pistol complete lowers. No complaints, and shipping was timely on every order.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
I've ordered from PSA twice now and have had good results. Shipping seemed about average. I ordered a 9mm Lower Sunday and it was at my LGS by Thursday. Ordered some mags that I had in about a week or so. I'd order from them again with no issue.

Now their physical store, WOW, talk about a Toys'R'Us for adults. While on vacation in MB last year, we took a day trip down to Charleston and I visited one of their stores. My wallet was quite a bit lighter when I left.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
IMO, Botach has risen greatly, but is still far below TGS / Brownells / Midway.

It's in the Primary Arms, PSA realm for me - good, not great. All have good things about them and things that suck.

PSA's main downfall for me has been shipping times and a long spat of absolute shitty shitty shitty packaging. Boxes of ammo just thrown in a huge box and shipped, to arrive banged up with some boxes destroyed. Failing to ship 2 x Aimpoints when I bought both (sent only 1, but even though they were skeptical, they made it right - thankfully the box couldn't have fit two of them), shipping the wrong ammo (similar box, so I understood, but wrong caliber), then taking 3 months to give me a shipping label for it.

In the end, if it's an amazing deal and I don't need in this month, I consider buying from PSA. Otherwise, I stick with the old standbys (Midway, Brownells) and some of my favorites (JoeBobs, Aimsurplus) or even (GASP) Botach.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Enough with Botach. As of today "Botach" is a trigger word. I don't ever again want to see those sleazes mentioned here.

Just unbelievable. Wow

Just to be clear- if the word "Botach" appears in your post, your post will not reach the board. Instead, it will be queued for review, at which point I will delete it the second I see it.

Circumventing this filter by misspelling "Botach" will be met with great unpleasantness.

I've tolerated members singing the praises of these ripoff artists, but when we get members comparing that hole to highly reputable vendors, I've seen enough.

posted Hide Post
Probably done only 3 different orders and all 3 times shipping was just a few days. No delays.

I do find they have some pretty decent deals.

Posts: 167 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuestionGuy:
Probably done only 3 different orders and all 3 times shipping was just a few days. No delays.

I do find they have some pretty decent deals.

deal i am still kicking myself for not getting was the Glock 19 Gen 4 + 20 Magpul glock mags for 550.00 or so

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post