SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Palmetto State Armory - Your experiences. please!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Palmetto State Armory - Your experiences. please! Login/Join 
posted
Since TGS and Greg Cote were out of them, I ordered a magazine for my shiny new P227 from PSA. This was the last week in Feb, IIRC.
Since that time (with the exception of spam ads) I have heard nothing from them.
Made a second possible mistake by trying to call them. 30 minutes on hold and no answer. I have heard that others on SF mention using PSA to order stuff.
So, has anyone else experienced delays in getting something from PSA?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What you're experiencing is the norm with PSA.
Not as bad as Botach, but they're trying...

tp

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
PSA is known for three things:

1) Great prices
2) Good quality on their in-house products
3) Slow shipping, especially during big sales

Some PSA orders arrive in a few days. Others arrive in several weeks. They all arrive, though.

Patience is needed when dealing with PSA. But they'll always follow through.

They're the epitome of the old adage: "Good, cheap, and fast... Pick two." (They're good and cheap, but usually not fast.)

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
PSA is excellent. I've ordered from them many times. Like others have said, they have great deals but don't expect fast service when they are slammed.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We needed resupply so we sent word by rider to Palmetto State. Despite a prolonged uprising among the natives, the supply train from Palmetto arrived in less than three months with minimal loss of crew and livestock.

By this time next year, they hope to have the telegraph line completed.

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! I will just wait and see what happens.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same as above. Great prices, but can be slower than the seven year itch. I always get it eventually, so I order there often, just not when I need it in a timely manner.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
You should see the store in Columbia, you would think it is the only place in the state you could buy a gun.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I have ordered several pistols from them, they always seem to have some crazy deal on something I want at Christmas time. Never had an issue

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have purchased a number of lowers, uppers, components, etc from PSA with no trouble.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a 10.5 AR upper on Thursday, was at my office Monday.

I have ordered 15-20 times from them over the years, had one issue with the wrong item shipped.
Said keep the items (2 glock mags) and shipped the correct order (2 magpul AR mags) next day.

Think i had one order a few years ago, take a week to ship can't remember what it was.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
We needed resupply so we sent word by rider to Palmetto State. Despite a prolonged uprising among the natives, the supply train from Palmetto arrived in less than three months with minimal loss of crew and livestock.

Sounds about right.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've only ever ordered ammo from them. They shipped quickly enough.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Good one!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have order a lot of things from them and have had decent communication and shipping time, so far no complaints as I will continue to order from them.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Palmetto, freedom, etc all became the places to go and the only ones who actually had stuff during the panic. As such, and as prices have dropped, they continue to be slammed. Set it and forget it, submit the order and in a little while you'll have a nice "oh, I forgot I ordered that" surprise on your doorstep.

At least it isn't how it used to be where they'd be taking orders for uppers and such that they hadn't even built yet...

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
If you want it now. Go somewhere else. If you want pretty good quality cheap. Go for it.

I had a upper I ordered they went *crickets* on me over. Finally got someone on AR15 from their customer support to answer me. The rail was backordered that was on the upper. They substituted a different rail and got it out the door to me. But it was like a 4 week ordeal.

Everything else has been pretty quick though.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Six weeks for an upper several years ago. I emailed and emailed and emailed. Got one reply after telling them that people who ordered their uppers on the holiday sale that happened a few weeks after the one I bought into were posting about getting their uppers, and I wanted a tracking number or a refund within 24 hours or I was contesting the charge on the credit card. I got a tracking number and my upper shipped that day. They don't get any more of my money.

Posts: 17056 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've had good experiences with them. As others have said, their shipping is slow, but I know that going into it. Their prices are very hard to beat and I usually don't need the item I'm ordering right away.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I've purchased everything from ammo to AR uppers and lowers and have been pleased with price, quality, and speed of shipment including orders on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. I've not purchased a pistol nor have I had to call customer service. Hope they get to you post haste. I've had an experience similar to what you're describing from Spikes Tactical. Never recieved an answer from them.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post