SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Gen5 G34 MOS looking for RMR optic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Gen5 G34 MOS looking for RMR optic Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
Traded my Gen4 G34 non MOS for a new Gen5 MOS.

The trigger is significantly better and I do prefer the Gen5 grip, out of the box the sight was drifted by Glock to the right, it does seem to help my always left issue with Glocks. The new mag release button was worth the trade as the old extended square button dug into my hand.

Interesting enough I have the Upula loader for double stack mags, it works on all double stacks easily, however I noticed that it tends to bind a bit with the new glock Gen5 mags, the fit of the loader to the mag is tighter and I've had the loader not retract after loading a round without my help on occasion only on the Gen 5 mags, the Gen 4 load like normal.

The Gen5 is MOS so I can mount an optic, thinking about putting a Sig Romeo 1 on however nothing in the literature states which plate would work, if any. Anyone know if the MOS plates will adapt a Sig Romeo 1 to the Glock.

I have a vortex on my G40, it's ok my astigmatism causes the dot to be a starburst
whereas the optics on the Sig Romeos so far don't do that.

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I don't believe any of the plates that come with the weapon will work. Supposedly you can "make" the #4 work, but it takes some modifications.

There is a company that makes a plate specifically for that combo though:
http://chpws.com/product/sig-romeo-1-mount-plate

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Why a Sig Romeo which is an unproven design. We recently had a member that ordered that was broken in transport...that’s pretty bad. I would get a Trijicon RMR. They had a proven track record and Gen 1’s can be had for $350. Even a Burris Fast Fire has more of a pedigree then the Sig optics. A Delta point is another good option.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Yup, cabelas has led rmr's for 350.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why a Sig Romeo

As I said earlier my astigmatism causes the red dots to look like a star, making them difficult to determine where the actual center of the dot is located.

The Sig Romeo line doesn't do that, as I"ve tested at the gun store, I get a clean red dot which may be true for other models as well.

That was the reason for asking, but if it doesn't fit it won't matter.

Posts: 23375 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Damn I want one these babies bad... that is one sweet ass pistol

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I want one also.

Trijicon RMR would be my choice of optic.

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The RMR would be my gold standard choice as well. Gen2s are built a bit more stoutly than the Gen1s to hold up better to the pounding the optic will take on a handgun slide. My Gen1 has held up well so far on my G19, but at a little over 1000 rounds (and prior service on several of my 5.56 rifles), it's not seen the sort of abuse that a competition gun would put it through. Still, I've had a couple of my long guns fall onto that optic and it's been one tough mutha to date.

The Cabelas RMR at $349 is a Gen1 unit, in case you're wondering. Definitely want to use the extra cost ($20) shim/cover plate that Trijicon sells if you go this route. The battery is bottom mount, and wants to unseat itself during live fire if that lil' piece of flat metal isn't in place. The electric contacts were redesigned on the Gen2 RMRs, so I believe that the plate is not needed for the newer generation units.

I also have a Vortex Venom that got some 'slide time' on the same G19. I like the wider aperture window on the Venom, but the illuminated dot flares even more with my astigmatism than with the Trijicon units. Other quibbles: I also don't like the battery life on the Venom, a fraction of a RMR's. And the unit shuts off automatically after 14 hours, a concern if I'm thinking about a reflex red dot for a carry weapon. And though the battery compartment is conveniently on the top face of the unit's base, the screw-on cover plate on my Venom just LOVES to try to cross-thread itself. Other ones that we have and had in our shop are similar whenever I've had to set up these on customer guns. Even with my small fingers, trying to thread on that cover flatly can be a rather trying experience.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also have a Vortex Venom that got some 'slide time' on the same G19. I like the wider aperture window on the Venom, but the illuminated dot flares even more with my astigmatism than with the Trijicon units. Other quibbles: I also don't like the battery life on the Venom, a fraction of a RMR's. And the unit shuts off automatically after 14 hours, a concern if I'm thinking about a reflex red dot for a carry weapon. And though the battery compartment is conveniently on the top face of the unit's base, the screw-on cover plate on my Venom just LOVES to try to cross-thread itself. Other ones that we have and had in our shop are similar whenever I've had to set up these on customer guns. Even with my small fingers, trying to thread on that cover flatly can be a rather trying experience.

I have the same issues, flare up on the dot, the Venom is on my G40 10mm glock, I may move it over to the G34 to see how it does, but the main goal is to get one that won't flare or flare as much, otherwise the red dot doesn't really do what I want.

I will look at the RMR and had read about the battery issue of it shutting off during live fire.

quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:

There is a company that makes a plate specifically for that combo though:
http://chpws.com/product/sig-romeo-1-mount-plate

Thanks!