SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P229 Legion Compact SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P229 Legion Compact SAO Login/Join 
Picture of Benderx4
posted
I've seen this gun on the Sig Sauer website - MSRP is $1413. I've been looking all over for this Sig, but can't find one ANYWHERE.

Anybody purchase one yet? If so, where did you find one, and what do you think of it? Thx.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I don’t think it’s been released yet. All the YouTube videos are from displays at shows and none of the big boys have them either. My Elite dealer in OKC doesn’t even have a display model to fondle yet

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
I think you're right. But it baffles me why they would have it on the website but not available for purchase? If this new Legion is anything like my P226 SAO, it might be the last pistol I ever buy. (Although two is one, and one is none, right!?)

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would have been nice if they had given an eta when they announced the model.

cc

Posts: 5298 | Location: S.E. NC | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m OK with them holding off a LITTLE longer. I’m almist done saving the money for one of them.

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccmdfd:
Would have been nice if they had given an eta when they announced the model.

cc

In the firearms world eta means nothing, several manufacturers announce a date and some of them postponed or move the release dates several times. I wouldn't hold my breath or expect anytime soon.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That’s just great. EVERY time I say I don’t need
anything else,one of the manufacturers will pull another one out of the hat that I’m pretty certain I can’t live without! LOL
SKIP

Posts: 765 | Location: West Central Ga. | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting an old thread. Anybody get one of these yet, and if so, any comments, opinions, reviews? Where did you finally find one?

Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I handled on at my LGS. Felt good, but I’ve moved away from SAO. I may pick one up in the future, but I’ve currently got other interests.

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I managed to get one a couple of weeks ago through Davidson’s. I’ve not fired it all that much yet, but so far I really like it. There have been no malfunctions of any kind and it is quite accurate. I seem to shoot it a lot better than I do with my DA/SA 9mms. The only gripe that I have is that I can’t seem to manage as quick a magazine change as I can with my 1911’s. My right thumb can’t quite operate the tiny slide stop nearly as easily as I’m used to doing with my 1911’s. I can slingshot the slide, but that requires that I use both hands and it feels quite awkward. Other than that, I really like it and I can’t wait until Milt Sparks finishes making me one of their SS-2 IWB holsters for it so I can see how it carries. Maybe by then I’ll be a little more comfortable with the magazine changes. . .

Posts: 84 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, picked it up in early January. Pretty much as great as my P226 Legion SAO just smaller.

I too am a “1911 guy” but I always slingshot the slide now anyway.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I know chambering a new round after a mag change using the slide stop lever is much 'cooler', but the reality is you should be using both hands to shoot and so using your support hand to release them slide is not that out of form.

I'm seriously considering trying SOA and going with a P226 legion even though the 229 is tempting. Just really don't want to have to buy another set of magazines.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blume9mm,thanks for your comments - I’ll take your word about what’s cool, but the fact is that cool or not, different platforms have different manuals of arms. After well over 100 hours of formal training and more than 30 years of shooting 1911’s, I find that for me, operating the 1911 platform, I am most efficient using the slide stop during my reloads from slide lock. In reviewing my first impressions of the Legion P229 SAO, I noted that for me, it requires a different manual of arms than what I’m used to on a different platform, something I thought might be helpful to know for other shooters who may be used to something else. BTW - I do shoot with both hands. My support hand goes directly to its support role afer seating the new mag, and the thumb on my right hand is perfectly located to either resume firing or (most often) engage the thumb safety immediately after the slide drops - smooth with minimal unnecessary movements.

I never meant to imply that what I’ve been taught and have practiced for decades on the 1911 is the only way to go for every platform (it clearly isn’t), I just mentioned that this method for dropping the slide during a reload is difficult with the Legion P229 SAO. If you’re used to using the slingshot method for all of your reloading anyway, then this won’t be a problem for you. Let’s just agree to leave it there, OK friend?

posted Hide Post
I won’t comment on the “cool points” of using the slide stop. However, as a long time slide “release” guy a few instructors convinced me to go the sling shot route. Mostly as a gross motor skill concern, but also for consistency in malfunction drills. No argument here, just a reason why one person switched from one to the other. It only took a few weeks and it was like I was doing it forever. But for sure, to each his own.

Back to the OP. The P229 Legion SAO is a great firearm.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post