SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Dear Sig Sauer - Please make a P229 Legion SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dear Sig Sauer - Please make a P229 Legion SAO Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
That is all.

Warm regards,

911Boss

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've always thought that this would be good competition to the Wilson Combat EDC X9 at a much lower price.

Lobo Gunn

We live, we learn, we lead so that our children may become our Future.

Posts: 356 | Location: Gainesville, Florida | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to see a SAO P229 for years. Really no reason for SIG not to make it.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I got tired of waiting on Sig to make an SAO 229 and bought a CGW P07 with safety. Lighter weight and a great shooter. It would be nice to even out the 220, 226 SAO collection with a 229, but then I'd want a 239!

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Sig came out with SAO 220 and 220 Carry back in 2006 or 07, they had issues and recalled them all! In those days, I was doing a lot of volume and pretty well connected with several in management.
They told me that the 220 and 220C debacle killed their plans for 226 and 229 SAO's! Took Sig quite a few years to bring SAO's back; but always wondered
They had very viable SAO's in their "steel" X5's, so it would seem they could have solved the issue; but marketplace was soured after recall.

One of my regrets was I had a X5 Tactical 5" 9mm
SAO in my private "stash" of new guns: but a very good customer wanted one, so he got mine!
What ever happened to all the X5's that were supposed to begin to be manufactured in US?

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Count me in. If they sell these, I'm down for two.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
What ever happened to all the X5's that were supposed to begin to be manufactured in US?

Eventually, you know. Eventually........

Q

Posts: 26351 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Always have wondered why SIG never followed up with a compact SAO to complement the fullsize P226 and P220 SAO pistols. That's one I would very much like to have had...if it had actually existed. However the whole Legion marketing club thingy I couldn't care less about.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post