SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    of the two HK's 45c or USP 45 compact...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

of the two HK's 45c or USP 45 compact... Login/Join 
Picture of Nframe
posted
I'm not sure which to get other than both...

I found them in a local shop the 45c has the DA/ SA and safety decoct and has 3 mags and night sights with box for $750 looks like new. The USP 45 compact is the LEM has 2 mags standard sights and box for $650.

If the 45c was LEM I'd have it already..

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Is this one of those "Help me choose" threads? Razz

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
USP compact.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Intended use may factor in? I do like my 45c(Lite LEM), wouldn’t care for it as much as DA/SA.

If you want it for carry, I’d lean USP 45c in LEM.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Is this one of those "Help me choose" threads? Razz

more of a pro/ con if there is such a thing.. I'll still just end up doing what I want but I like information Big Grin

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
USP

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Intended use may factor in? I do like my 45c(Lite LEM), wouldn’t care for it as much as DA/SA.

If you want it for carry, I’d lean USP 45c in LEM.

Use will be conceal carry or around the property carry.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
45C would be an easy choice for me.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never liked the HK 45 or HK 45c. The ergo is all wrong for me.

Q

Posts: 26376 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
The USP will require an adapter if you plan on attaching a light. The lite LEM is long and mushy to me but doable. The heavier LEM is a bit too heavy for me. I prefer DA/SA over the heavy LEM. I have had both guns and still have the USP. I will likely pick up the HK45c soon again as prices on that model are great right now. The 45c also has a smoother grip texture but that can always be addressed. No matter which gun you get, you wont be disappointed.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just when I was starting to like you.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Just when I was starting to like you.

Truth hurts. Big Grin

Q

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just shows how much personal preference factors it. Maybe go fondle both again to make the decision. Saving some $$ while doing so could help, as in the less expensive one.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by indigoss:
The USP will require an adapter if you plan on attaching a light. The lite LEM is long and mushy to me but doable. The heavier LEM is a bit too heavy for me. I prefer DA/SA over the heavy LEM. I have had both guns and still have the USP. I will likely pick up the HK45c soon again as prices on that model are great right now. The 45c also has a smoother grip texture but that can always be addressed. No matter which gun you get, you wont be disappointed.

I have an adapter if you go this route and plan to use a wml.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
They are basically the same Gun. Pick the one that feels better.

The 45c is more comfortable to conceal carry IMO.
Both have issues with weapon lights. The USPc will need an adaptor and the 45c basically fits the Streamlight TLR3 or a couple small viridians and that’s about. It.

It’s almost like choosing a Chevy Silverado vs a GMC Sierra. Same truck just slightly different looks and small features.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
45C would be an easy choice for me.
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I have both. For me they are sixes. Any advantage the HK45c has over the USPc can be remedied with adaptors and upgrades. They share mags, the larger mag release of the one fits the other. I think I'm more of a USP fan, but the deal you describe tilts toward the HK45c because the USPc would require more money to upgrade than the asking price of the HK45c. The LEM is nice, but it takes some getting used to. I have a P200sk LEM in 357sig. Sweet gun and trigger. Bottom line is you're likely to be happy with either.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
If you carry while hiking, the USP can digest 45 Super Smile

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Smaller bilateral mag release paddles on the USP compact were always a peeve for me. I’d opt towards the 45C myself...

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I'll bet someone an hK45C mag he chooses the 45c over the USP Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WARPIG602,