SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion P226 SAO versus Legion P220 SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion P226 SAO versus Legion P220 SAO Login/Join 
posted
I have a Legion P226 SAO and absolutely love it. I shoot it better than any handgun I own - it fits me perfectly plus it has a great trigger. I'm thinking of picking up a Legion P220 SAO and my question is will I like it as much as the 226? It appears all the ergonomics, sights etc. are the same - just a bit more recoil with the 45ACP than the 9mm. Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

Thanks

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have P220, P226, and P229 Legion SAOs.

Just like my kids, I love them all equally but there are times when each is my favorite Wink

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think every Sig owner should have a 220. As to whether that example(s) should be a Legion and in SAO form, that is really a different question. But you already have & like the Legion SAO format, thus a 220 version would be a good compliment.

My 220 Legion SAO has been excellent since I bought it in late ‘18. I don’t have the 226 version (my 226’s are DA/SA), though I’ve been tempted for years.

I love the 226 and have owned one of mine for over 30 years. It’s hard to think of a better overall pistol in many respects. But the 220 is different in a good way. Just handling one in the shop alerts you to that svelte frame. And, a .45 is more appealing than a 9mm. A 9mm is perfectly adequate and has many advantages. But, practicality aside, I’d rather be shooting a .45 when at the range.

If you emphasize practicality, you have no need for anything beyond that 226. But...

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I carried a 226 for years. I recently bought a 220 from a member here because I've always wanted one and the price was right. I absolutely love the 220 and it has become my EDC. Now I'm thinking of buying a Legion SAO 220 but I want to know more about the thumb safety. It doesn't appear to have a plunger to keep it in the safe position so I need to check that out first. But if I don't buy a SAO, I will probably buy a regular Legion 220. IMO it is the ultimate pistol.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll have to take a trip to the gun store and check one out.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I think you'll like having a 10mm Legion P220 as much as a P226 in 9mm.

Let us know what you ultimately decide.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post