SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Help with Hi-Power magazine ID assistance please (lg photo warning)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Hi-Power magazine ID assistance please (lg photo warning) Login/Join 
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted
I was given a bunch of magazines that my friend thought were for a Beretta 92.

I got home and realized they were not like my Beretta mags, and I believe they are for a Hi-Power instead.

3 mags are standard sized, with 2 faintly marked FN, 1 says "made in Italy". No witness holes, no "mousetrap".

2 extended magazines, no witness holes, no markings.

1 standard magazine marked JI, with a "split" floor plate and what looks like an aluminum follower.

Google tells me the JI is from John Ingles a Canadian made Hi-Power for a British contact (maybe also sold to the Chinese after WW2), but prices are all over the place in my research. Are these desirable?

I'll try and add photos, if I can. I'm going to give them back to my friend, but was hoping to give him some info so he can decide what to do with them.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The JI marked Inglis production magazines are sought after. I see them sell in the $100 range with little trouble.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Given the others are either marked FN or "Made in Italy" I trust they are either factory or Mec-Gar... but any clue on the extended mags?

No marks that I could see, but very similar finish to the others.

Is it strange that they are so plain? I am totally clueless to the Hi-Power.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The extended mags look like MecGar 20 rounders. The lack of their usual makers mark and the phosphate finish is odd. These mags usually sell for a premium as they haven’t been in production for a while.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really cool finds!

The Inglis mag is very desireable for sure.

The twenties sure look mec gar to me but it has been a long while since I have seen one.

Ill try my reference book when I get home to see if there is any info related to them.

If you dont have a Hi Power maybe its time to get one!

Posts: 6 | Registered: September 22, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
+2 or +3 on the Inglis mag,,

valuable and sought after,

the parked Italy mags are likely OEM High Power, Mecgar made lots of OEM stuff,

the 20's , I've seen some recently in some estates I have worked thru, but they were not parked/matte (nickeled or similar and USA type mags)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10407 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post