SIGforum
Help with Hi-Power magazine ID assistance please (lg photo warning)

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/6860006874

January 13, 2021, 06:42 AM
Gibb
Help with Hi-Power magazine ID assistance please (lg photo warning)
I was given a bunch of magazines that my friend thought were for a Beretta 92.

I got home and realized they were not like my Beretta mags, and I believe they are for a Hi-Power instead.

3 mags are standard sized, with 2 faintly marked FN, 1 says "made in Italy". No witness holes, no "mousetrap".

2 extended magazines, no witness holes, no markings.

1 standard magazine marked JI, with a "split" floor plate and what looks like an aluminum follower.

Google tells me the JI is from John Ingles a Canadian made Hi-Power for a British contact (maybe also sold to the Chinese after WW2), but prices are all over the place in my research. Are these desirable?

I'll try and add photos, if I can. I'm going to give them back to my friend, but was hoping to give him some info so he can decide what to do with them.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
January 13, 2021, 06:23 PM
M1Garandy
The JI marked Inglis production magazines are sought after. I see them sell in the $100 range with little trouble.
January 13, 2021, 07:14 PM
Gibb
Thank you. Given the others are either marked FN or "Made in Italy" I trust they are either factory or Mec-Gar... but any clue on the extended mags?

No marks that I could see, but very similar finish to the others.

Is it strange that they are so plain? I am totally clueless to the Hi-Power.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.
January 14, 2021, 10:46 AM
Voshterkoff
The extended mags look like MecGar 20 rounders. The lack of their usual makers mark and the phosphate finish is odd. These mags usually sell for a premium as they haven’t been in production for a while.
January 14, 2021, 11:49 AM
todd_r
Really cool finds!

The Inglis mag is very desireable for sure.

The twenties sure look mec gar to me but it has been a long while since I have seen one.

Ill try my reference book when I get home to see if there is any info related to them.

If you dont have a Hi Power maybe its time to get one!
January 16, 2021, 07:56 AM
lyman
+2 or +3 on the Inglis mag,,

valuable and sought after,

the parked Italy mags are likely OEM High Power, Mecgar made lots of OEM stuff,

the 20's , I've seen some recently in some estates I have worked thru, but they were not parked/matte (nickeled or similar and USA type mags)

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/