SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Score!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Score! Login/Join 
posted
So every once in a while I stop by Cabela's to see what used guns they have. I stop by the gun counter up front and did not see anything that caught my eye. Then I went in to the "Gun Library' aka the high end room to see what they had. That is where I found a P226 9MM Legion. I asked to look at the gun and it looked brand new. I field striped it and it still looked almost brand new. It had been shot but maybe a dozen rounds through it...maybe... I mean it was clean. I look it over carefully and it has a nick in the upper rail finish, the take down lever has a bright spot on the corner and the front of the dust cover has a very small wear mark almost like holster wear. I could not believe the price... $950. I asked if he could do any better and he said $925 is it. So I bought it. Came with the original case and 4 mags. I figured, I buy guns to shoot them so a few marks should not get in the way of buying a really nice Sig for a great price.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

I cannot wait to get to the range this weekend to see how it handles.

Rosey1968
I have Sig issues

Posts: 127 | Location: Flyover Country | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Great find! Congratulations!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Thinking about getting a Legion someday, but I get distracted by an extra P220 all the time. Wink

(You may want to put more info in the title so as to not have your post get locked.)

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I’m surprised they allowed you to take it down but I would’ve insisted as well.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new P226. I’m still fighting the urge to pick up a Legion as well.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
That was a good score.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Congratulations on the new P226. I’m still fighting the urge to pick up a Legion as well.

Well that's a silly thing to do. Stop fight, start shopping.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, when you buy a Legion used, do they still let you into the club with the other cool kids?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped by cabelas this past weekend and every gun in the store has a damn trigger lock on it and they won’t take it off for you. The employee told me that even the guns in the back in boxes have them too. Oh and if you use them for an ffl transfer? They will slap one on and won’t take it off until you pay for it and they walk you to the door. Guy also said every cabelas is doing this.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one last year and it's a dream. Great find. My groups are tighter now.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Great deal! Should last a lifetime.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1530 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
So, when you buy a Legion used, do they still let you into the club with the other cool kids?
I bought a Legion off a forum member a while back and when I called the CS Rep at SIG and told him about it, he said "no problem" and enrolled me in the Legion Club. I did it because they had a couple of cool Legion accessories I wanted to buy.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1307 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Depends if he got the coin too.

Or maybe someone just bought this to get the coin, then resold it used?

The HORROR! Wink

OP, nice score. Congrats!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a good deal!

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sig hooked me up, I called customer service and they sent the coin and case no questions asked.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Rosey1968
I have Sig issues

Posts: 127 | Location: Flyover Country | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You did good and at a great price!

If I were going to buy a Legion, it'd be the P226 for sure. P226 = EPIC.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post