SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    No more DSA pistols for me.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No more DSA pistols for me. Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
My take on things is a bit different. I have been thinking seriously about committing to the P320 for the '18 season. I have been shooting canned drills for time across several platforms. A 2.0, full sized 320, 320 Compact, Gen5 17, 226 and 2022.

Problem is I keep learning the same lesson over and over again, and am apparently not smart enough to accept it.

I blow speed and accuracy out of the water with the DA/SA guns. I've shot about 2k in the last two weeks, in training and shooting demos. And I have found the same lesson out that I keep finding out. The 226 and 2022 are home for me. I have much greater control over the first shot with the DA gun over the striker offerings. So much so, that I can tell you that this formula works consistently. 10 yards+1.20 draw+.25 split= consistently two bullets that touch with the 2022. The 226 is a bit faster.

The control I am taking about really shows at distance on the draw.

The control I am talking about leaves me continually excited. I've carried a lot of pistols over the years. I've owned a bunch of 226s and 2022s that have found other homes over the years. But, the current evolution of the 2022 continues to impress me. The 226 has always impressed me.

#dasaposse for life.

Happily or sadly I've come to this realization myself over the past month. DA/SA or TDA is home. There is nothing I can do about it and I have tried, and tried, and tried again with the strikers. I'm just better with a TDA, staging that first shot. I'm going back to TDA for life. It's just too ingrained. I spent far too long on them, the better of 20 years and no matter what I do with strikers it cannot be undone.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Happily or sadly I've come to this realization myself over the past month. DA/SA or TDA is home. There is nothing I can do about it and I have tried, and tried, and tried again with the strikers. I'm just better with a TDA, staging that first shot. I'm going back to TDA for life. It's just too ingrained. I spent far too long on them, the better of 20 years and no matter what I do with strikers it cannot be undone.

What guns are you looking to switch over to? Too bad you sold that sweet worked P30sk.

Posts: 2183 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After growing up shooting my father's Colt 1911, Detective Special and Colt 1903 32 ACP (and I still have all of them in my safe), when I was of legal age to buy my first handgun in 1978 I bought a Browning BDA in 45ACP (and I still have it and the box it came in).

After shooting so many rounds through it (and two other SIGs) the double/single action operation is just "different" from the actions that my other guns have. Really can't say I like it better or I like it less than other guns ... it's just different. But I shoot my SIGs very well.

Moral of the story is ... whatever you are comfortable shooting ... use it.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

What guns are you looking to switch over to? Too bad you sold that sweet worked P30sk.

PX4’s. Burke has worked the triggers over already and says they are damn close to tuned P Series Sigs. I sent him a pair to dev work on. Will have them in my hands in a week. Ernest Langdon has been running the shit out of them, think he has 60k through one of them. I’ve owned the subcompact before so I know where I’m going.

I’ll buy another P30sk. It works great for my tankbag on my motorcycles. The extra large trigger guard is awesome for a armored motorcycle glove. They’re fatter than most winter gloves. The PX4 trigger stock, is still better than a tuned P30 trigger if that tells you anything. That sk will be my beater Big Grin
Price has come down on them since I had mine and I sold my original for quite a profit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I was shooting single stack for a while and carrying a sa/da. Over the years and having one of the former Team Sig guys smacking upside the head, I carry a 320C and shoot all competitive events with one of three 320's. It just makes life a whole lot easier.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post